Safran

( 1 review )

Sackstraße 27, Graz, Austria

Serves meat, vegan options available. Persian restaurant with multiple veggie starters and a vegan/vegetarian menu section. Kitchen stops 9.30pm. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Delivery, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Iranian, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by piratechick

Sadly, beyond disappointing - Edit

We love Persian cuisine, so we couldn't wait to try this out. The side on Sackstraße is used as a very cosy-looking café; the side looking towards the river is used as a restaurant.

Staff were very friendly (but seemed a bit unprofessional). However, when we arrived at our table, the tablecloth and tableware were far from clean (oil/wine stains). We ordered two dips for starters, which turned out *very* bland. My partner's main dish was described as having a side of potatoes with wild garlic - without any explanation or excuse he got served pre-made (frozen) fries instead. My main dish was supposed to be a spicy (vegan) aubergine stew but came out more like a watery soup, tasted mostly of tomatoes (where are the spices????!), and the slices of aubergine tasted of very low-grade cooking oil. The taste lingered for hours. I don't think we're coming back. :(

Pros: nice location, very central, cute café interior

Cons: low quality ingredients, doesn't taste authentic (or spicy) at all, low hygiene

Return to Graz Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Safran closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.