Safier Mediterranean Deli

• Veg-friendly
Contact 502-585-1125

641 S 4th St, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, 40202

Serves meat, vegan options available. Predominately non-veg with several vegetarian items include appetizers, lentils and rice, and the vegetarian platter. Free Wi-Fi.

Category: Mediterranean, Take-out, Persian, Lebanese, Non-veg

First Review by Saramste

Downtown Option - Edit

They have a labeled vegetarian platter, everything else you have to ask. Their Lentil Soup is the best I've ever had.

Everything else was ok, or not good to me. The grape wraps were so vinegar soaked, that even when I wrapped the grape leaves IN pita, it was too much for me. And I've loved other places Grape leaves! I like vinegar! The tabouleh got the same treatment, and it even seemed the hummus got dabbed. The memory makes my mouth water, like I have a huge dill pickle in my mouth.

Somebody said the portion sizes were huge, but although solid, it wasn't amazing. If I lived or worked nearby, I'd stop in just for the lentil soup. Mmmm. As I am never nearby, I'll have to pass.

Pros: Clean

Great for lunch downtown - Edit

I love this place - everyone who works there is super helpful and knows what is vegan and what isn't. They make the food fresh and quickly, though if you go in around 11:30am - 1:00pm there will be a line. The falafel, grape leaves, and tabouleh are all excellent. Even cooler, they let me bring in a plastic plate to re-use instead of giving me a new styrofoam one every time. Goin' green! This place rules - one of my favorites downtown for quick, cheap vegan food.

Pros: downtown, vegan friendly, delicious

Really good!! - Edit

I have eaten here about 4 or 5 times and let me tell you it is SOO GOOD!!! They used to have a separate vegan menu, but have not seen it lately, was just there this past Sunday. Their prices are incredibly affordable. It is very casual (plastic fork, paper plates, etc) and usually pretty full, especially during the weekdays. The portions are good too, especially the falafel plate. You get 4 good sized falafels, pita, tahini & some lettuce & tomato for $3.49!!

The tables are kind of small and you can feel cramped when you are eating with more than 3 people. Service is very friendly! The location is also very nice, right on 4th St.

I highly recommend this place! Lots of options for vegans:)

Pros: Excellent food, healty cuisine, very good value

Cons: tables are too small

Not Bad - Edit

Not a bad place to stop by if you are interested in a quick Mediterranean style Vegetarian/Vegan meal. This place is NOT 100% vegetarian, and my only complaint is the strong, distinct smell of flesh cooking throughout the restaurant. . .

Pros: Quick Vegan Options

Cons: Strong Smell of Meat

Return to Louisville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Safier Mediterranean Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1185 times since Feb 2008.