Saffron

Contact 314-965-3822

2137 Barrett Station Rd (at Manchester Rd ), St Louis, Missouri, USA, 63131

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a large vegetarian section on the menu that is mostly vegan. If a dish has creamy sauce, it is based with yogurt. Most food can be made vegan or vegetarian upon request. Many gluten free options. A nice sit down restaurant where a blazer or dress would not be out of place at dinner. The waiters are polite and knowledgeable about special diets.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan

Full of Flavor! - Edit

This was our first time eating Indian cuisine and it was very good. We visited for dinner and the staff was very friendly and showed us the vegan options. The atmosphere was nice and clean as well. I hope to visit again soon.

Very Satisfied - Edit

We had a really good experience. The waiter was extremely friendly and helpful in describing the "heat" of the spices in each dish we were interested in. They were able to modify the spices as we wished, too. We each ordered veggie dishes and were very pleased with them. Mine was a little bit on the hot side, but not in a bad way. (I finished it all!)

Pros: Deliciously Prepared Food, Friendly & Helpful Staff, Quick Service

Saffron - Edit

I used to eat at Saffron fairly often, even as far back as when they were called Peacock Cafe. The food (under both names) has always been good and they've always accommodated my vegan diet. I always ordered samosas and aloo gobi and they've always been good.

Return to St Louis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saffron closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2255 times since Apr 2011.