• Saffron Ikebukuro

Ovo
Indian
Halal
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Authentic Indian restaurant offering a menu page of vegan and vegetarian options including chala masala, gobi aloo and several different curries. Last orders 30 min before close. Open Mon 11:30am-3:00pm, 5:30pm-10:00pm, Wed-Sun 11:30am-3:00pm, 5:30pm-10:00pm. Closed Tue.

Venue map for Saffron Ikebukuro
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Mikaelachristen

Mondpudding

Points +419

15 Feb 2023

Authentic Indian Restaurant

Many vegan and vegetarian options clearly marked in the menu.

I had two curries, as well as vegan samosa as a starter and mango sherbet for dessert, which were both recommended to me by the staff.
Everything was delicious, especially I liked the samosa's flavorful filling and the tamarind sauce that came with it.

The restaurant was established quite a few years ago.
We talked to the owner before, who is proud of the original Indian taste.

All in all I can recommend coming here when in the area.
It's a quiet place with retro style interior (many posters of old Bollywood movies), where you can take a rest from busy Ikebukuro streets.

anand.s

Points +51

25 May 2020

Great value, great food!

I went during a quiet time, staff were very attentive and friendly. Lunch time menu is super good value for money. Get a window seat if you can, so that you can people watch whilst you eat :)

alarkin

Points +49

25 Oct 2019

Delicious!

We had a fantastic meal at this restaurant. Went with my non-veggie dad and it was a great option for both of us. There are approximately 6 vegetarian curry main dishes and approximately 6 vegan curries. There are the usual other non veggie Indian options. Amazing naan bread! We had 2 curries, 1 portion of rice and 1 portion of naan between us and were stuffed. The naan is enormous. Staff were friendly. I didn’t have to quiz them about the vegan options as the menu was clearly labelled. Although one of the supposedly vegan options did mention that it contained ghee so I just avoided that one.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Satisfying portions , Tasty food

splashseal

Points +41

06 May 2019

Super tasty!

Really tasty Indian food and very knowledgeable about dietary needs, vegan or otherwise. A bit pricey but well worth it.

Pros: Really tasty

Cons: A bit pricey

JustJust

Points +237

27 Jan 2019

Okay

A little more expensive than I thought... The staff was very friendly however the first one I talked to didn’t understand vegan. (I asked if they had a vegan naan, and he suggested the cheese naan). Also for dessert I waked if there was milk in the ice creams and he said no. Luckily his supervisor came and clarified there was only one vegan dessert, which was quite good.

Pros: Vegan dishes are marked (only the curry)

Cons: Small portions, Only the curry is marked af vegan

Mikaelachristen

Points +35

13 Jul 2018

Wish I could give it 5 stars!

Finding a fluent English speaker in Japan was an absolute blessing after days of none, the food was great and there was heaps of options- they also knew what vegan actually was which was 10/10 and so comforting.

Pros: food, english speaking

Cons: no vegan desserts, little bit overpriced