• Safari Club

Asian
Honey
Korean
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Alabama's first Green restaurant certified. Vegan dishes are clearly marked on the menu and include mushroom BBQ sandwich, beet burger, Korean fried broccoli, mushroom tacos and more. Open Mon-Sun 4:00pm-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Venue map for Safari Club
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by DosGatosDiablos

DesireeCouncilor

Points +28

17 Apr 2022

Not many options

There was a beet burger on the menu which they said they discontinued but could make a mushroom burger. Only real option besides a side salad

Pros: 1 vegan option so you won’t starve

Cons: Not enough vegan options

ChrisHinkle

Points +51

07 Jan 2022

Solid option

The mushroom burger is not on the menu currently but you can ask for it. Only open for dinner Thursday-Saturday at moment.

Pros: A couple clearly labeled option, Helpful waiter

Cons: Only a couple options, A bit pricey for the quality

DosGatosDiablos

Points +27

Vegetarian
24 Jun 2021

Glad we tried it

Check times - only open for lunch during week. Lunch and dinner on Sat and Sun

The Beet Burger is vegan and both my husband and I really liked it. It was more than just a sub for a meat burger it had a great flavor and a pickled slaw topping that made it memorable. They had 3 vegetarian tapas choices as well. One was falafel, one was goat cheese, and one Korean broccoli that we didn’t try. I think falafel and broccoli were vegan.

It’s themed like British colonial safari which gives a lot to look at but it’s well designed not like a pile of garage sale stuff on the walls. I was nervous about it being at the zoo since I’m not a fan of zoos but you can’t see any zoo animals so it wasn’t weird. We were glad we tried it and would go back especial if the menu is seasonal.

Updated from previous review on 2021-06-24