CLOSED: Sadhana Kitchen

147 Enmore Rd, Enmore, New South Wales, 2042

Raw food cafe specializes in living foods and wholefoods and has a tonic and smoothie bar providing cold pressed juices and medicinal tea. Children's menu is available upon request. Formerly Earth Vegan Cafe. In 2013 moved from Jivamukti Yoga studio in Newtown. Confirmed closed March 2017. Bondi location remains open.

Category: Vegan, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Catering

First Review by VeJo

Fab breakfast and lunch spot - Edit

This place is a great breakfast and lunch spot. I've been many times and their food is consistently delicious (mains and desserts). Most of it is raw and organic so understandably it can't be the cheapest place in town.

amazing staff and food! - Edit

What a cute place! Delicious healthy treats and the girl working there is so lovely! Thank you for the experience loved the doughnut. Would love to come try the high tea if I get the chance!

Pros: staff, decor, healthy vegan

Cons: none

Unique and delicious raw vegan + gluten-free cuisine - Edit

Everything is organic, raw, vegan, gluten-free and so much tastier than many would expect.

The owner's published cookbooks are available in store and are filled with gorgeous photography and delicious recipes.

Metres street parking available or short walk from bus/train station.

Must try:
- Sadhana Lasagna
- Raw desserts
- Falafel plate
- High Tea (Sunday's 10am - bookings essential)
- Degustation (Friday nights - bookings essential)

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff, Great vibe

Cons: Very busy on weekends, Pricey, Limited parking

Indulgent, delicious and guilt free! - Edit

Sadhana Kitchen is a true gem in Sydney and, for me, has really revolutionised raw food. Their coconut "bacon" and vegan hollandaise is genius, and the raw high tea is absolutely divine: albeit expensive!

The food is fresh, delicious and beautifully presented, but be prepared to pay for the luxury. This is more of a treat visit than a weekly brunch.

Pros: Fantastic service , Great portions , Inventive

Cons: Expensive , Hard to get a table at the weekend

gourmet hearty raw - Edit

Beautiful food always hits the spot excellent hearty raw vegan food. Worth the price because it is all organic! artistically presented !

Cons: Not very much seating so you sometimes have to wai

expensive but delicious - Edit

sadhana hit the spot every time!! the acai bowl was delicious and the tofu scramble toastie thing I got.. ctw to go back and try desserts

Pros: kind staff, good vibe, delicious vegan food

Cons: bit pricey

Raw Vegan Masterpieces - Edit

This place broke my raw vegan virginaty, it was immense; had delicious smoothies, AMAZING raw vegan cake and soo much avocado on my salad! I follow them on Instagram, and pretty much every food pic has me drooling!
It is a little on the pricey side but this place is an ultimate treat, can't wait to get back to Sydney so I can visit again, and now there's one open at Bondi too! ☺

Pros: Raw Vegan, Organic, Delicious

Cons: Bit pricey

Fantastic raw food - Edit

I wasn't too keen on the idea of raw veganism until I came here; it's a little expensive, and often very busy, but some of the items are great - the tacos are great, as well as the desserts. The food is light, and always very fresh. A good place to take friends - even non-vegans - with refined tastes.

very expensive... - Edit

I've been here quite a few times now. I love the smoothies and their sweets (especially the carrot cake and chocolate crackle) but the service is SO SLOW every time. And I find the salads so over priced - I ordered a mixed salad box for $17 and it didn't even taste that nice and I had to wait 40 mins for it - insane!
I do want to come for breakfast one day though and do their vegan high tea.

Vegan Cakes - Edit

Best Vegan Cakes in Sydney? Beat that.

Organic Raw Vegan High Tea - Edit

Some friends and I visited Sadhana kitchen recently having organised a High Tea. It could not be faulted. They were prompt and friendly and the High tea (which I will upload a picture of) was delicious and the sweet treats tasted almost identical to their dairy partners. Highly recommend this trendy cafe.

Pros: Raw and Organic, 100% Vegan

Sadhana Kitchen - Edit

Amazing raw vegan kitchen in Enmore, Sydney. Open 7 days 9-4pm
Have eaten here twice this week, the food is gloriously addictive, so very healthy too. Wonderful fresh pressed juices, had chai tea with almond milk as well.
The atmosphere is casual and very friendly, fast service, price is good.

Pros: excellent live food, good value for the amazing fresh food, nice vibe, very friendly staff

Cons: none, none, none

Great raw food cafe - Edit

I especially like their raw desserts and their salads.

Disappointed!! - Edit

I went to sadhana for the first time today. I was so excited to have tasty raw vegan food! - however, I was really disappointed. Firstly the food took ages to come - even the juices order they gave our drinks to someone else with absolutely no apology whatsoever. Anyway the food finally came - it was tolerable not the best. The food is much better at Ungaro Raw in Rozelle. Anyway we decided we would try their dessert. First they do NOT go off the price which is listed in their menu - so ridiculous and they charge more then what is listed on the menu and did not even change the price just because they havnt updated the menu - how is that the customers fault?? However, we had to wait over 20 minutes for takeaway! The desserts are already on display I guess it is just too hard to put the desserts in a box and give it to the customer so we can continue our day. But would definately NOT recommend it - unless you want no customer service, rude staff and for you to be overcharged when the cafe is to be blamed.

Pros: Good location

Cons: Service is not there, Don't charge price printed, Don't come when your hungry - slow food

Good raw food - Edit

The raw food dishes were very good. I had a raw lasagne which was amazing. The cakes and desserts were too sweet for my taste though. I had the raw snickers cake which was just far too sweet. I had better cakes in Earth to table. Also the service is a bid bad since we got ignored at the beginning and had no clue if to order at the counter or table.

Pros: A lot of raw options, good quality, moderate prices

Cons: service good be better, no outdoor seatings

This place rules. - Edit

I visited on a Saturday for lunch with a friend. It was nicely busy but still easy to find a comfy nook. I had the lasagna & it blew my mind. It was rich, filling, packed a flavour punch.. everything you'd hope for in a fresh vegan lasagna minus the grease & gluten. It came with a generous helping of side salad too. Maybe they've increased their portions since the earlier reviews? I was stuffed, definitely could not have fit in more than they served. At $15 I think the price is good, being raw vegan there's no "filler" in these dishes & often you'll get those expensive "superfood" ingredients (and I wouldn't be surprised if it's organic/local/all that good stuff) so yes.. it's a fine price for such high quality. The service is kind & sincere, the staff are cool kids who love the raw life! It is relaxed & not pretentious. Another thing I love about it is how they reduce environmental waste by saying no to serviettes & I am pretty sure they do not provide take away. Although I'm sure if you brought your own reusable container they would say sure! I wish all food outlets would take a leaf. A new favourite. I can't wait to return to try some of those dessert pies. Namaste Sadhana Kitchen.

Pros: unique flavours, healthy, how the heck do they do it??

Cons: Dessert pies lure me, So much delicious choice on the menu, My stomach isn't big enough

worth a visit - Edit

I hadn't been here in a while since it was renamed... Took a friend who isn't Vegan and she liked it. She had the tart, which was delicious but very small , and I had the 'large' superfood salad - which was tiny and overpriced. The green smoothies are delicious as are the superfood balls. My only complaint was the size of meals compared to the price. Great that most stuff is raw.

Pros: raw food, good atmosphere

Cons: serving sizes, price

loved it!! - Edit

I have been here twice and loved everything! Love the decor, the staff are wonderful & the food is amazing. Highly recommend!!

Pros: best food, lots of choice , beautiful decor

Return to Enmore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sadhana Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.