Sabores do Sebouh

Contact 933446790

Rua Miguel Bombarda, 34, Porto, Portugal, 4050

Serves meat, vegan options available. Owner is Syrian who has lived in Greece and makes food from the Mid-East and Mediterranian area; has separate vegetarian menu. Speaks English. Simple, casual eatery. Open Mon-Sat 10:30am-5:00pm, Mon-Thu 8:00pm-10:30pm, Fri-Sat 8:00pm-11:30pm. Opens at 7:45pm for dinner service.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Syrian, Non-veg

First Review by kandimba

great time! - Edit

we spent hours in this restaurant because it was so rainy outside! and it was a really great time, chatting with very nice staff, eating delicious falafel and humus...! what else could you ask for?

We loved Sebouh - You should too - Edit

The owner of this unassuming restaurant serves fantastic tasting food and you can tell it's all been freshly made on the premises. We had a really enjoyable selection of dishes here, served by the owner who spoke good English and was happy to tell us about the food and share a few tips on ingredients. Definitely recommended.

Pros: Home made food, Good selection of dishes, Friendly, informal service

5* if allowed!! - Edit

Whilst this place serves a little non-veg' food, the majority is vegan. It was very clean and the pictures don't do it justice. The owner and other waitress were super friendly and came over for a chat.
Food was amazing, fresh and tasty. I recommend the tabbouleh and falafel. Houmous was very good as well.
The restaurant is in a fun part of Oporto. Highly recommend you go

Pros: tasty food, clean, friendly

Cons: serves non-veg food

Amazing food, friendly people, 100% Recommended - Edit

This place is amazing. For very low prices they offer great quality vegan/vegetarian platters (and only one non-veg Kebab on the whole menu). The staff is friendly and caring, talkative. I'll definitely return. Middle eastern food, great service and friendly prices all in vegan versions.

Pros: Extensive veg options, Friendly service, Affordable

Lovely spot - Edit

This little place doesn't seem overly special from the outside but once you try their food you'll see how awesome it is! Unpretensious place with friendly staff and great Middle East food.

The owner will indicate you the vegan options (and there are many!). Sometimes they even have vegan dessert :)

Personal favorites:
Batatas Jannet and Lentil with tomato sauce (share them with another person for an awesome combination!)

Pros: Great food, Lovely staff, Good Location

Falafel spot in Porto - Edit

Coming from Germany, the land of the ever-present döner and falafel, I guess I take it for granted, as falafel is not very easy to find in Portugal. But luckily this place has it covered.

There are a lot of vegetarian options, and the owner also knows and is clear about what is vegan as well.

We had the falafel, which you can get in a wrap or a pita. The ingredients were super fresh and the price was great: €3 each. I enjoyed my meal, but my only complaint would maybe be that there wasn't enough "kick." I asked for spicy sauce, but when I later opened my wrap (we got it to go), it didn't have it, which is probably the reason I felt it was kind of bland.

Otherwise, it's still a good bargain and I would definitely recommend this spot for a quick, delicious, inexpensive bite to eat.

Pros: Fresh food, Clear vegan options, Inexpensive

Cons: Smaller portions, Not much atmosphere

Perfect vegan meals! - Edit

Was there 10 min. ago and I´m impressed. Had 3 dishes and all of them were great. Also talked to the chef and his wife- they speak 6 languages, so they can help you with every dish on the menu. They are very welcoming and they love to help you out with your wishes. Prices are pretty low. Small and cozy place. Would go there again, anytime! Unfortunately it´s not possible to give them 5 stars, because they also serve meat and stuff, but I definitely would! :) So vegans: don´t be shy, just try.

I love it - Edit

If you are looking for the typical vegetarian restaurant, forget this. Sabores do Sebouh is a typical portuguese tavern.

This is a perfect place if you want to eat well and pay less.

For me, is a stop every time i come to Porto

Pros: cheap, Very good food, Is a tavern

Cons: Is a tavern

the chef is an Armenian form Siria - Edit

The food was delicious, the prices very good. I reccomend this place to everyone who wants to find a good vagan food for a cheap price.
I have to say also that the owner is a very friendly person who can make a nice athmosphere even if you came alone.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, very tasty

best falafel I ever had! - Edit

This is one of the cheapest veg restaurants in Oporto. The owner told us about all The vegan options and The ones de
tried were delicious. We paid about 7.5 euro for complete meal.

Pros: friendly staff , vegan friendly, very tasty food for low price

best hummus & falafel in portugal - Edit

Not a vegan restaurant but has options for vegans, my kind of options. Hummus! and Falafel! and it was all insanely delicious. The owner apparently grows his own organic chickpeas, calm cafe atmosphere and great food. I don't speak portuguese but the owner speaks english and is very helpful.

Pros: hummus, hummus, hummus

Some of the best mideastern food you can get - Edit

Although non-vegetarian, this restaurant is possibly the best place to eat vegetarian food in Porto. In fact, the restaurant has become a meeting place for many vegetarians and the veg menu has been increasing by the week.
The food is excellent and the prices are low. You can even eat outside.
If you like hummus, fatouche, killis ichi, tabouleh, stuffed aubergine, etc., this is the place for you! Also be sure to ask for the semolina cake in the end (vegan).
The owner, Simon, is constantly making up new dishes, most of them vegetarian. Ask for what's being served at the moment, not all of the food is on the menu.
Some meat-eaters go there for the shawarma too, but most clients are vegetarian.

Pros: Excellent food, Cheap, Extremely friendly staff

Cons: Serves meat, Atmosphere could be better

Return to Porto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sabores do Sebouh closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4123 times since Mar 2013.