Sabai Sabai Simply Thai

• ( 15 reviews )

19847 M Century Blvd, Germantown, Maryland, USA, 20874

Serves meat, vegan options available. City's first Thai restaurant with a cozy comfy atmosphere. Offers vegetarian and vegan choices. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Thai, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by kaz814

nunswguns

Points +17

08 Aug 2021

Best Mock Duck

Best Mock duck I've ever had. You can add it to any curry and other dishes.

ChloeCanetti

Points +155

06 Mar 2021

Super vegan friendly menu!

This restaurant allows you to select a make it vegan option and gives you the option to omit oyster and fish sauce. Super easy to order, and the flavor is a 12/10!

Pros: AMAZING FLAVOR!!, Super easy to order vegan, You get tons of food for the price

francia

Points +177

06 Oct 2019

Go to for Thai!

Nice staff, fast service, delicious food!

Pros: Easy to veganize menu, Fast service, Nice atmosphere

Cons: No clearly marked vegan menu, Limited vegan desserts

julesaregems

Points +299

29 Apr 2019

Local- consistent

Love the Penang curry and the basil fried rice.

Pros: A few options - but staples

plantbasedceline

Points +48

28 Mar 2019

Best Thai in the area

I love the panang curry and drunken noodles with tofu. I was told that the drunken noodles have fish sauce, but it was no issue to ask for it to be removed. This was the most flavorful Thai food I have ever had! The panang curry is what dreams are made of. The mango sticky rice was also very good. My waiter seemed to be knowledgeable about the vegan options.

Pros: Flavorful, Good ambiance , Tofu as an option

Cons: Some things have fish sauce

sapientia

Points +432

19 Mar 2018

Asian cute cuisine

This restaurant is true Asian cuisine. Vegans and vegetarians do need to exercise caution in ordering as the dishes are not clearly marked.

Pros: friendly staff, clean restaurant

Cons: limited true vegan options

vegannonuts

Points +172

08 Aug 2017

Best vegan Thai food I've ever had!

I cannot give this place enough praise. I lived in Germantown Town Center for 2 years and frequented Sabai Sabai. This was my go-to place to bring visitors because 1. the food is absolutely delicious and 2. they cater to multiple dietary preferences. The vegan options are plentiful and the staff is very accommodating. My favorites are the "You Think It's Duck Curry" and the "Herbal Tofu". I would usually order both and take extras home to eat for another 2 meals. I also enjoyed the drunken noodles and tom kha soup which could be ordered with tofu or just vegetables. This place is a hidden gem. I plan on making a special trip to Germantown the next time I am in Maryland just for this food!

Pros: plenty of vegan options, excellent food, nice vibe

Cons: none!

lazylimabean

Points +186

21 May 2016

Tasty Thai food

Great eggplant tofu and curry. Unfortunately the menu doesn't explicitly identify vegan items but the servers were helpful in determining what could be vegan (no fish sauce).

lovekaletravel

Points +78

15 Oct 2015

Used to be good

Sabai Sabai used to have delicious foods when they first opened, but it since has gone downhill. The chef does not seen to care anymore what comes out of the kitchen. It's disappointing because it's the closet Thai place near me and they offer vegan options. I still go here every once in awhile when I'm in a pinch and need to do carry-out. This is simply because it's convenient and not because the food is the best.

charlieb

Points +56

04 Aug 2015

We go here often

I read the review about someone being served real duck when they ordered the mock duck and that makes me a bit nervous but this place has been a great place for my wife and I to have dinner with non vegans and have options. The food has always been excellent and the atmosphere is nice also.

bencarr95

Points +85

02 Aug 2015

Very good!

The ambiance is great and service is good. It can get crowded so if you plan to come at prime time, reserve some seating in advance. Many of their options are vegan or could be easily veganized. Their curries are all great, as are the spring rolls. The waitstaff is extremely friendly as well.

Pros: waitstaff, food

Guest

07 Mar 2015

They served me meat.

I will never eat at Sabai Sabai again. I ordered the mock duck curry. A few bites in I realized something was awry. I asked the waiter if there was meat in it. He went to the kitchen, came back and said "Sorry. We got them confused." He offered to bring the correct dish and I said no, I had lost my appetite, we wouldn't be paying for this, and that I would like to speak to a manager. He comped our meal but the manager NEVER came to apologize. I excused myself to the bathroom and induced vomiting. Do not eat here.

BaltiVegn

Points +260

03 Dec 2014

Friendly, Convenient, Tasty

Much needed in an area w not many vegan options. Extensive vegetarian menu that is mostly vegan. I love the "fake duck" entree and the choice dumplings. Very friendly staff, clean atmosphere, parking lot and street parking, fair prices.

Pros: Veg menu, friendly staff, clean

ohemgee

Points +750

27 Aug 2014

Pretty Yum

Had a few of their vegan dishes including southern curry, very flavorful. The portions are decent. A lot of items have egg/dairy so make sure to ask your waiter. This place gets very busy during dinner time so you might have a wait to get seated.
Will need to explore more before I can give this place a solid 4 happy cows.

Pros: delicious cocktails, friendly staff, vegan options

Cons: very busy on weekends

kaz814

Points +20

11 Apr 2013

Very yummy!

I went there tonight and had a delicious tofu panang curry and vegetable spring rolls. There was a lot of variety and even had a vegetarian section of the menu - though most of the entrees could be made vegetarian/vegan quite easily.

Pros: Spicy food is actually spicy!, Friendly staff

Return to Germantown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sabai Sabai Simply Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.