Sabai Sabai Simply Thai

Contact 301-528-1400

19847 M Century Blvd, Germantown, Maryland, USA, 20874

Serves meat, vegan options available. City's first Thai restaurant with a cozy comfy atmosphere. Offers vegetarian and vegan choices. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Thu 4:30pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Thai, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by kaz814

Used to be good - Edit

Sabai Sabai used to have delicious foods when they first opened, but it since has gone downhill. The chef does not seen to care anymore what comes out of the kitchen. It's disappointing because it's the closet Thai place near me and they offer vegan options. I still go here every once in awhile when I'm in a pinch and need to do carry-out. This is simply because it's convenient and not because the food is the best.

We go here often - Edit

I read the review about someone being served real duck when they ordered the mock duck and that makes me a bit nervous but this place has been a great place for my wife and I to have dinner with non vegans and have options. The food has always been excellent and the atmosphere is nice also.

Very good! - Edit

The ambiance is great and service is good. It can get crowded so if you plan to come at prime time, reserve some seating in advance. Many of their options are vegan or could be easily veganized. Their curries are all great, as are the spring rolls. The waitstaff is extremely friendly as well.

Pros: waitstaff, food

They served me meat. - Edit

I will never eat at Sabai Sabai again. I ordered the mock duck curry. A few bites in I realized something was awry. I asked the waiter if there was meat in it. He went to the kitchen, came back and said "Sorry. We got them confused." He offered to bring the correct dish and I said no, I had lost my appetite, we wouldn't be paying for this, and that I would like to speak to a manager. He comped our meal but the manager NEVER came to apologize. I excused myself to the bathroom and induced vomiting. Do not eat here.

Friendly, Convenient, Tasty - Edit

Much needed in an area w not many vegan options. Extensive vegetarian menu that is mostly vegan. I love the "fake duck" entree and the choice dumplings. Very friendly staff, clean atmosphere, parking lot and street parking, fair prices.

Pros: Veg menu, friendly staff, clean

Pretty Yum - Edit

Had a few of their vegan dishes including southern curry, very flavorful. The portions are decent. A lot of items have egg/dairy so make sure to ask your waiter. This place gets very busy during dinner time so you might have a wait to get seated.
Will need to explore more before I can give this place a solid 4 happy cows.

Pros: delicious cocktails, friendly staff, vegan options

Cons: very busy on weekends

Very yummy! - Edit

I went there tonight and had a delicious tofu panang curry and vegetable spring rolls. There was a lot of variety and even had a vegetarian section of the menu - though most of the entrees could be made vegetarian/vegan quite easily.

Pros: Spicy food is actually spicy!, Friendly staff

Return to Germantown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sabai Sabai Simply Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1170 times since Dec 2012.