CLOSED: Sababa Restaurant and Lounge

Contact 562-252-3572

6527 E Pacific Coast Hwy (at E 2nd St), Long Beach, California, USA, 90803

Serves meat, vegan options available. Modern American and Mediterranean infusion cuisine restaurant and lounge. Menu includes vegan suitable items like grilled eggplant, the sababa salad, seasoned fries, hummus with option to add vegan chicken, zucchini soup, and a vegan patty burger. APR 2016 REPORTED SHUT. REPLACED BY PLAYA AMOR. Open Mon-Sat 5:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Sun 4:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by chobesoy

Hip, chic, but only if you have the time - Edit

I really liked the ambiance of Sababa, it seems like a great place to hang out, like a secret lounge. Unfortunately, I hope my experience here was not typical.
The positives: Well-identified vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, nut allergy codes on the menu. A good amount to choose from for the herbivore, and even a little "go vegan" section on the menu. There are also veggie options on the Happy Hour menu. Everything looked so promising and sounded so good I think I got my hopes up too high. The food was tasty, but not enough of a reason to come back.
The negatives: it was fairly busy when we got there, but we didn't have to wait to for a table. Yet even as patrons left, nothing sped up. It took 20 minutes to take our order and then another 40 to get the food, which was only a couple of cold sandwiches. The staff knew it's customers were itching to eat and they apologized a few times to us and the tables near us for the delay. We figured a big brunch crowd must have set back the kitchen so we waited it out. Later, the waitress brought out a free appetizer of hummus for us, apologizing again for the delay. Finally, close to an hour after we sat down, our food came.
Thankfully it was good, the veggies, the sauce, the veggie chicken, but I'm glad we got the appetizer since it came with nothing else. just a sandwich.
Costing about $10 per sandwich (a happy hour deal) that took an hour to get, and left us still hungry, I would come back here one day just to hang out and maybe sip something from the bar. Around the corner from here is Veggie Grill where you will get more variety, more food for your money, and get it all in a fraction of the time.

Pros: hip hang out, nice location, tasty

Cons: incredibly slow, small portions, over priced

Return to Long Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sababa Restaurant and Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 862 times since Aug 2012.