Sababa Pita Bar

02-23638009

17, Lane 283, Sec. 3, Roosevelt Rd, Taipei, Taiwan

Serves meat, vegan options available. Middle Eastern style food eatery in Taipei. Marks the veg choices on the menu. Falafel, pita, small salads. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Israeli, Non-veg

First Review by JesseD

Falafel for the win - Edit

I get it - Taipei is one of the vegan capitals of the world, and there are so many stellar vegan restaurants - but if you want falafel and hummus, go to Sababa.

I have been here several times, and have had nothing but good experiences. King falafel, hummus with potato wedges, and a San Miguel makes for a killer, vegan dinner!

It's usually pretty packed, so if you're going with a group for dinner, book a reservation. Otherwise, my partner and I have never found an issue getting a seat.

Pros: Middle Eastern food with vegan options, Delivery Service, English Menu

good food - Edit

nice spot with good beers and tasty Mediterranean food. vegetarian options marked on the menu.

So-so - Edit

I always think it's a bit of a pity to go to a non-veg restaurant in Taiwan with such a great choice of veg restaurants. But I went to Sababa tonight because it was late and the two other vegetarian restaurants nearby were closed.

They had run out of hummus (among other things) so I was limited in what I could choose, but they managed a falafel pita pocket, which wasn't bad, but certainly wasn't up with what one would expect to find in Tokyo, a Western city or of course the Middle East itself.The falafel was almost burned, and especially without hummus it tasted rather dry and lifeless, without much salad either.

The menu identifies "vegetarian" and "Buddha" (which I presume means onion and garlic free) dishes, and with some difficulty I managed to communicate veganism, and staff were helpful, but it was somewhat difficult (but is necessary) to explain onion and garlic, as very few dishes have no dairy, egg or onion/garlic.

It was enjoying a busy crowd, including many waiguorens.

If you're really craving falafel or if everywhere else is closed it might be worth a try, but I'd strongly recommend going to any of the veg restaurants (except perhaps So Free Pizza) instead, if they're open.

Pros: falafel - hard to find in Taiwan

Cons: serves meat - lots of veg places around, limited vegan menu, vegan items not labelled

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sababa Pita Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.