First Review by

Pricey - Edit

I occasionally get a veggie dog at their bbq, a quick bite for really cheep, but that's the only vegan option. I also sometimes go to their resonable salad bar but it's located in the butcher shop (I just don't know what to say about that except "bad form") I also get Veganaise here when I need it. Otherwise its extremely pricey to shop here.

Pros: Does have some rare items, Salad bar, Willing to special order

Cons: Very expensive, Salad bar in butcher shop

I want to love S&S.... - Edit

S&S is the type of place one wants to love. Small, locally owned shop with good fast food grill and produce.

The problem, as others have said, is prices. They have many brands that are now fairly easy to find (i.e. Amy's) but their prices can can twice as much. I do still shop here now and again, but feel a little resentful when I do.

Pros: Take-out grill, Produce

Cons: Overpriced, Aloof employees

Overpriced - Edit

What is it with shops like this? Do they really think people will pay close to two times what others charge, simply so they can shop "local"? Obviously I am not expecting a place like this to be able to beat the prices of a chain like Trader Joe's, but come on, you can at least try to compete.

Pros: Selection, Layout

Cons: Prices, Customer Service, Parking

Return to Chico Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has S and S Organic Produce and Natural Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1168 times since Aug 2007.