First Review by emmawin

Vegan Fudge!! - Edit

I was so excited to be able to let the kids finally try fudge! We bought two full slabs which didn't even last the day. It was phenomenal!

VEGAN FUDGE! - Edit

I travelled almost 2,200 miles from Nevada to Mackinac Island. Just for the vegan fudge. I haven't had fudge for almost 25 years. I stumbled into the store and got a sample. OMG. Sheer bliss.

Only vegan flavor is dark chocolate. Life can't get better than that. I didn't care how much it cost. Between 2 stores, I bought 6 POUNDS! That should last me a while :)

I just emailed their office to thank them for making the fudge. Hopefully, that will show that vegans want junk sweets and won't discontinue it :)

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-11

Pros: VEGAN FUDGE :)

Cons: Only one flavor, More expensive than other flavors

Delicious Vegan Fudge - Edit

Really good vegan fudge! But, you have to ask for it. It is not displayed with the rest of the fudge, nor did we see a sign for it. We knew to ask because of this awesome thing called "Happy Cow". Definitely ask for it; it's good!

Pros: Tasty, Friendly staff

Cons: only one flavor

veganinvegas 11 Aug 2016 - I was just there today and both stores I was in had signs on the shelves and on the windows. See photo.

Vegan Fudge! - Edit

Imagine my surprise as I was walking by Ryba's to see a sign in the window advertising vegan fudge! So of course, I had to stop in and buy some. I was not disappointed. It was rich and delicious.

Thank you Ryba's for both putting a sign in the window advertising it's availability and for changing with the times and offering a vegan option.

delightfully surprised - Edit

Taking a day trip to Mackinac, I had already reconciled that I would not be able to participate in the fudge eating. It was something I remembered from my childhood and have not tasted in decades. When first walking out of the ferry, we noticed a sign on the door of Ryba's "Vegan Dairy Free Fudge," and I would have knocked over whomever was in my way to get there.

There is only one kind, a dark chocolate. Many in my party agreed it was better than regular fudge, because it was not as sugary as regular fudge.

There are several Ryba's on Main Street, but this one is the only one that advertised the vegan fudge.

Pros: VEGAN FUDGE!! Need I say more

Cons: One one flavor

veganinvegas 11 Aug 2016 - I was just there today and asked about availability. I was told that all 4 stores on the island carry it :)

Vegan fudge! - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised to find vegan dark chocolate fudge here. I do not know if they make other vegan flavors ever, but the dark chocolate one was delicious! They will give you a sample so you can be sure you like it before you buy it.
I gave it a 4 rating because it's rare to find this (and it tasted fantastic!), but this may be the only vegan option in the store. Vegetarians should have more dessert options at this store and others on the island.

Cons: Might be only one option

Return to Mackinac Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ryba's Fudge Shop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.