Ruth's Diner

801-582-5807

4160 Emigration Canyon Rd, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84108

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu includes a "for our vegan friends" section that has a vegan burger, arrabiata pasta, and breakfast burrito. Directions: Go east on 800 S, road turns into Sunnyside Ave, go past the U of U student housing on left, then Hogle Zoo on right, and This is the Place Monument on the left. Continue up the canyon for 2 miles to the diner which will be on the right. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

First Review by Faux Fun

Nice ambience, disappointing food - Edit

Came to Ruths for the history! It was a lovely setting in the canyon, only a short drive from Salt Lake City. We were seated immediately on the outdoor patio. The patio is delightful! Full of trees & plants separating the tables, and the ambience was spot on. The menu has a section called "for our vegan friends" - it has one item, a vegetable teriyaki stir fry. I requested it without mushrooms, however, I was informed that it was pre-mixed. I must be honest, I did not love this stir fry :( Aside from picking the mushrooms out, I didn't really enjoy the flavour. But it was a lovely evening spent on the patio! And I enjoyed my cup of tea.

Pros: Delightful patio, Ambience

Cons: Lack of vegan options

Ruth's Diner is Delightful - Edit

The food is fantastic with many vegan options. The ambiance is unparalleled. Outdoor seating is best! Heaters provided for chilly days.

Pros: Many vegan choices, Amazing atmosphere

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ruth's Diner closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.