Rutabegorz - Tustin

• Veg-friendly
Contact 714-731-9807

158 W Main St (at Old Town), Tustin, California, USA, 92780

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegetarian friendly restaurant with several locations in Orange County. Extensive food menu with many choices suitable for vegetarians. Vegans to ask. Open Mon-Sun 11am-close.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by Meg Gee

Not too vegan friendly - Edit

I've been to this Rutabegorz location approximately 10-15 times and I've never been quite satisfied. I think i only end up there because it is close by and somewhat convenient.
I would definitely say this place is much more suitable to vegetarians than vegans There are some menu items that can be made vegan, but I've never been too impressed with their offerings. I've had several of the salads, a veggie and quinoa bowl (without the cheese), but I often just end up getting a PB&J which I could just as easily make at home.
Their coffee is ok. I've had iced coffee and they do offer soy milk if you request it. I think they could do a lot more to appeal to a vegan crowd, but they don't seem interested in doing so.
The service is hit or miss. Last week I ordered an iced coffee and the wrong item was brought to my table 3 times before they got it right. It seemed strange to me that something so simple could go so wrong repeatedly. However, the waitress was very apologetic. The servers have always been nice and friendly (though they can be pretty slow) and they have a HUGE menu. I think this place does appeal to a lot of people, I just don't think it's a good fit for vegans.

Pros: Cool atmosphere, Convenient, diverse menu

Cons: Need more vegan options, so-so service

Return to Tustin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rutabegorz - Tustin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 959 times since Sep 2011.