Ruchi Vegetarian Indian Cuisine

Contact 480-786-3333

2051 W Warner Rd Ste 7, Chandler, Arizona, USA, 85224

South Indian vegetarian restaurant, opened Jan 2015. Offers a daily lunch buffet and extensive a la carte menu at dinner. Open Tue-Sun 11:00am-3:00pm, Tue-Thu 5:00pm-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:30pm. Closed Mon.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Catering

First Review by nsweeney

Wonderful! - Edit

My wife and I just had our first experience at Ruchi. I already liked Indian food but Ruchi knocked it out of the park. The service was fast and friendly, the prices are reasonable and the food.....our waiter asked my if I would prefer dosai or curry. I chose dosai and my wife chose curry. He showed us which ones were the spiciest and WOW! Both were spiced just the way we like it. Sinus clearing but not tongue burning. There were more vegan options than not. We went for dinner but they have a lunch buffet, as well. The buffet setup was still there, along with the tags for the dishes. there were only two non-vegetarian items. I highly recommend Ruchi.

Cons: Couldn't find any.

My favorite place to be - Edit

My family and I stumbled across this restaurant about a year ago. The owner and his family are incredible. They take time to explain the dishes to you, they are concerned about any food restrictions you may have, the restaurant is always clean and the food is outstanding!

I love the Gobi Manchurian (I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly or not) it's the best comfort food you could ever hope for, but somehow you never feel bloated. I used to eat only North Indian food, and the few times that I was exposed to South Indian food I felt a little overwhelmed and wished I knew more about what I was eating. When we found Ruchi's we simply fell in love with South Indian cuisine and find ourselves eating there multiple times a week!

If you haven't tried this restaurant yet you may just being doing yourself a disservice.

Pros: Great Food, Great Service, Great Value

Cons: none to speak of

South Indian Gem - Edit

We went on a Tuesday evening in hopes of finding a good south Indian dosa. To our delight, it happened to be a sampler-night for Dosas and Uthappams that night at the Ruchi restaurant. Feeling happy about our fantastic timing we opened the menu to see an impressive list to choose from: 17 dosas and 7 uthappams, served with sambar and chutney. Between the two of us, we sampled and enjoyed 6 different creations, accompanied by a flow of delicious sambar and two kinds of chutney (coconut and tomato).

Our dosas and uthappams were flavourful, colourful, and smelled divine. Authentic all the way! I was so seduced by the experience, I could have easily eaten too much. I calmed myself down with a reminder that we can come back again – and we will. The service was perfect in every way: friendly, fast and informative. This place is a gem.

And more: They offer a buffet if you come for lunch; which apparently is very popular. And if you prefer to order from the menu, that option is available at lunch time too.
The place is big with lots of seating. I also saw a low table which provides an option to sit cross-legged.

Pros: Authentic, excellent food, Service and staff

Wow! - Edit

Buffet items clearly marked "vegan" and "not vegan" but most items are vegan. Beyond delicious! You get fresh dosas with your meal and naan for the non vegans. We'll be back here!

Vegans' Heaven - Edit

The lunch buffet at this vegetarian restaurant is 90% vegan, 100% vegetarian, and 90% GF. A vegan can't find a better selection than this. This healthy South Indian cuisine is authentic and fresh with very few dishes using dairy, vs. North Indian cuisine, which uses mostly cream based curries.
The dosai, Indian crepe, is GF, like most South Indian fritters and idly's (rice cake).
A vegan and vegetarian can dine out for a full course meal without having to settle for a few substitutes.
The owner is very accommodating, and a long time Phoenician known for starting healthy vegetarian Indian restaurants.
If you are new to Indian food and want to try South Indian, this is the best place in town.

Pros: excellent fresh, healthy food, mostly vegan and gluten free, friendly owner

Absolutely delicious Indian food! :) - Edit

I have been Vegan for a few years now and all the while I have been a fan of Indian food. Being vegan has often made it difficult when going to Indian restaurants because they usually have many limited choices for Vegans. When I arrived here with my Family for lunch however, I was overly ecstatic to discover that the vast majority of the dishes in the Buffet line where Vegan, each with a distinct sign overhead to let people know which dishes are Vegan and which dishes are Vegetarian.
The food just sort of dissolves in your mouth and sends your tastbuds into ecstasy!
As if the buffet was not good enough they also serve a tray of Dosais to your table during lunch as well.
I will definitely be coming back again and again! :)

Pros: Vegan desserts , Kind & thoughful service, Spicy food

WOW and WOW and the Best - Edit

So the owner actually has started and owned another two of my old favorite Indian Food Restaurants. Lets just say I love South Indian Food. The Buffet from 11-3 every day is awesome and his food is fresh and different every day. Not to mention that the owner Raj, brings out fresh food even at 2:40 if you are late. The Dosai are to die for and that comes with the buffet. I do not feel bloated and over full when I complete this buffet whereas I do others in the Valley. Also, I like that fact that my son who is a vegan and my wife and I who are Vegetarian can eat without much concern. Also if you get a chance. He has a Dosai Happy Hour with discounted Dosai at night from 5-7PM. Enjoy this one Phoenix. I love to drive here.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Nice Vibe

BEST INDIAN FOOD IN THE PHOENIX AREA! - Edit

We went on a Saturday afternoon and it was fairly empty. There was a lunch buffet, but they also let you order from the menu.

Because it was my first time, I went for the buffet so I could taste several items to see what I did and did not like. I had some very tasty dishes (apologies for not knowing the names of what I got; some items were marked, others were not. Then it all got mushed together on my plate, so..), and the owner was very friendly and helpful. He pointed out everything that was vegan-friendly, which was most of the buffet. I think only 1 or 2 things were non-vegan (but vegetarian). He did the same thing with the sauces, so I wouldn't pick out anything with dairy in it. Then he gave me suggestions on items to mix for a yummy dipping sauce for the dosa, which comes with the buffet. Very nice!

My lunch-mate (a non-veg*n) wanted Aloo Saag. It's a spinach and potato dish which we were accustom to eating at our fav Indian restaurant in St. Louis. It was not on the menu here but they agreed to make it without any thought or hesitation. The lunch-mate loved it! I plan on trying that dish next time. (FYI - If you want to try it vegan, you should specifically ask because this dish is made with cream unless you request it vegan.)

Delicious, flavorful food. Clean restaurant and restrooms. Attentive, helpful, and friendly staff and owner. Reasonable prices. I will go back again and again!

(Re directions: My iPhone map had me going in circles. If you come from the 101 and are traveling on Warner, it will be in that strip mall to your right, before you pass the Dobson intersection.)

Pros: delicious/ flavorful food, friendly and helpful staff

Very Good Buffet - Edit

Extremely vegan friendly. The staff was very helpful with showing us which items were vegan on the buffet which was most items. Food was very good and prices are very reasonable too.

Pros: Buffet, Friendly, Dosas

Return to Chandler Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ruchi Vegetarian Indian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.