Ruam Mit

Contact 651-222-7871

475 St Peter St (at downtown), St Paul, Minnesota, USA, 55102

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant. Some dishes can be ordered vegan. Reported that the vegetarian red coconut curries have shrimp paste, and oyster sauce is also considered vegetarian on the menu. Both yellow and green curries are vegan and can possibly substitute green curry for red curry. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 3:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by ToddL

Delightful green curry - Edit

The wait staff was not willing to let me switch the red curry sauce for the green curry with the dish I wanted, however, I was able to get the green curry with different veggies. Even when I asked if she could ask the chef if he could do it, she would not even ask. So, be aware that you may be met with some resistance if you try to change things to your specifications. That being said, their menu denotes that there is no shrimp paste in the items that are noted with a V or their red curry (which is stated in at least one review that I have read). The wait staff also confirmed that there was no shrimp or fish in their red curry or anything that has the V next to it on the menu. I ended up with the Green curry over spinach, basil and pea pods with white rice. It was quite delicious! I love that you can control the spice to your desired amount. I would eat here again, despite their unwillingness to give me exactly what I wanted!

Pros: Great dish, not overly expensive, authentic taste

Cons: sound carries from other tables, some stubborn staff, limited flexibility

Best Thai Food in Saint Paul - Edit

That's what I was told when I moved here a little over a year ago, at least - and they may have been right. My first time there, I ordered a green curry with seitan and it was amazing. After trying a few other Thai places in the area that have vegetarian options, Ruam Mit is still my favorite. Not only that - when they ask if you want your food hot-spicy, they mean it, which I love.

Pros: Delicious, Really spicy - if you want it that way, Clean interior, friendly staff

Very good Thai food. - Edit

This is authentic Thai, so keep in mind medium spicy has significant kick. They don't have dedicated vegetarian frying containers, so anything such as egg rolls, or tofu which has been fried is not vegetarian. Luckily, they do have mock duck, which they will always substitute.

My favorite dish is their #30 Pha Ram Long Song - coconut milk, mock duck, and crushed peanuts on a bed of spinach. You must order it with a simple green curry substitution instead of red curry to make it vegetarian as their red curry has shrimp paste. Wait staff and cooks are not always willing to do this, however. Their #29 Pad Keow Waan green curry with mock duck and basil is also very good.

For dessert, sticky rice with Durian is very good.

Pros: Excellent food

Cons: Won't always accomodate vegan changes

Return to St Paul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ruam Mit closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1200 times since Dec 2012.