First Review by gr8vegan

should be 5 stars - Edit

Even though this place serves meat, it deserves 5 stars. Literally the best meal I've ever had in my life. Be prepared to spend $50+ per person but it will be well worth the money! The waiters are EXTREMELY aware of veganism and what dishes can be made vegan. They have vegan options on the menu itself, plus if you ask, they have a fixed 3-course vegan meal. They even have a couple of dishes they can make that aren't on the menu, simply ask what else they can make!! If you're on vacation on Oahu, you should splurge at least once and go here. Make reservations, they are always busy but the service is that of a 5 star restaurant. You will not be disappointed.

Pros: vegan knowledge/options, service , atmosphere

Cons: pricey

An Excellent Food Adventure - Edit

Roy's was only a twenty minute walk away from our hotel which was great. We sat outside which was a little less formal. We had the fixed vegan menu and we all enjoyed it immensely - each and every mouthful. Despite being a very busy restaurant, the staff were very attentive and helpful. It was a fun eating adventure.

Pros: Great food, Positive servers

Vegan Fancy Feast - Edit

It's rare to be able to get a truly fancy vegan meal, but the Vegan Prix Fixe is it! Both my sister & I had this on Saturday night & it was amazing (I will upload pictures to the entry - 4 courses). I don't like mushrooms, but the seasonings turned portobello delicious. My favorite was the fried zucchini starter.
There aren't many vegan options other than prix fixe, but it's rave-worthy. The free edamame is vegan (sesame oil). Great cocktails.
Roy's is very expensive (prix fixe is 45$) & reservations are strongly recommended. Also, this is the most diverse Roy's - do not expect the same at other locations (Roy's in Hawaii Kai was disappointing).

Pros: Awesome vegan prix fixe, Stellar service, Fancy feast

Cons: Very expensive., Limited vegan options

Wonderful Dinner! - Edit

My Husband and I came here for our 30th anniversary and what a treat. We had the vegan price fix 4 course dinner with the wine pairing and everything was excellent. Service was outstanding. Can't say enough how wonderful our dinner was. Highly recommend,

WOW! - Edit

The vegan tasting menu blew all my expectations out of the water. I loved every single bite! Worth the pricing price tag. I'll be back Roy's ! Job well done!

Pros: Yummy, Great Location, Great Wine

Cons: $$$$, Need Reservations

Excellent Vegan Prix fix Menu! - Edit

The Vegan Prix fix was wonderful!
It is four course menu. Everything was so unique and tasty. I was almost full after two courses, but third course was light, so it is good balance. Strawberry shortcake was heavenly. Crunchy outside and soft moist inside cake with fresh strawberries and coconut cream plus ice cream.
Great service.

frikken awesome - Edit

If you in Hawaii you HAVE to come to Roy's. the Vegan 4 course menu if more than excellent. Well done to Roy's. all for courses were great.

Pros: matching wines, super fresh, original

best five star vegan prix fix menu on the island - Edit

Its rare that you find high end vegan dining where the quality and inventiveness of the food matches the level of service. Roy's sets the international standard on white table cloth service. The vegan prix fix menu can be done with wine pairing for 50.05$ or $36they w/o, but I highly recommend the thoughtful wines, as they complemented each course superbly. Roy's requires a reservation, you are in tourist town and Roy's Hawaiian Fushion is the "it" spot for enjoying local cuisine. We were beyond impressed with the courses, watermelon salad, hearts of palm, marinated mushrooms and sorbet gingerbeer float, but the service on top of these delights just takes Roy's into the stratosphere! Our delightful "staff" of attendants timed every course, glass of wine, water refill with absolute precision. We were celebrating a birthday and they arranged a fun decorated dessert for the bday girl! I cann't gush enough over what an amazing experience dining at Roys was! Roy's deserves 10 happy cows, but the system will only allow 4 because they serve meat.

Pros: vegan menu, wine pairing, service

Cons: highly popular, make reservation

Return to Honolulu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Roy's Waikiki closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3575 times since Feb 2012.