Roxy Restaurant

• Veg-friendly
Contact 760-436-5001

517 Highway 101 (at downtown), Encinitas, California, USA, 92024

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant in the main drag of downtown that offers a falafel burger and has hummus, grape leaves, pasta, veg burrito, pizza, and other food. Kitchen is open to creating a custom veg option or meal upon request. Located next door to Ecotopiia eco shop. Confirmed open Aug 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by careababee

My first stop, every visit! - Edit

The vegan items at Roxy are filling without weighing you down and taste like they grew everything out back. The servers that have been there forever will make you feel like you're home and you'll always get enough to eat. Very diverse menu for your omni friends, too!

Great Place! - Edit

I've been here a few times. The menu is large and the prices are reasonable. The falafel burger is amazing. I can say the regular falafels are not the best I've ever had but it is ok. My husband is not a vegetarian and ordered the chicken parmesan. He was disappointed. The serving of chicken was small and he was not impressed by the taste or the price of the dish. I told him a vegetarian option would have been better.

Pros: Taste, Menu, Price

Cons: Parking

would give it 5 stars if I was allowed... - Edit

Hearty portions served hot (popular with surfers). Lots of "comfort foods". Great and inventive liquor & coffee offerings. Great variety on the menu (I'd love it even more if they offered tofu scramblers as a substitute, soy-cheese substitutions, etc, but they have plenty of vegan options even as it exists now). When you do find a seat without worn-out upholstery, I love the ability to sink into the soft seating as I'm eating...comfy soft seat with my COMFORT food. :-) Great place to hang out, not only eat there.

I'd give this 5 cows but happycow's new rule says a non-veg place can only be given 4 (but places like this need to exist: if only one of my friends refuses to eat a veg meal, this is the only type of place that our whole group can agree upon...or in the case of tangofandango.com, it's the most-vegan you'll find in my small Texas city and probably simply would go out of business if they tried to serve no meat, leaving us TX veg'ns with NOTHING).

Roxy Still Rocks - Edit

I love the Roxy Cafe. It still has the most wonderful food and they haven't skimped on anything. You always get a healthy portion of veggies, soups, and their enchilada is by far, the best! They still need to make some of the seating more comfortable, (booth seating is worn out), but the food is awesome!

Pros: excellent food, healthy, eclectic

Cons: service sometimes slow

Vegan Friendly and soooooo YUMMY! - Edit

This place is AWESOME! They have the BEST falafel ever and its gluten free too!!!! The hummus is fantastic, the alter food as you wish and create dishes for you. The service is good and the location is sweet! The store next door, Ecotopiia (formerly known as environgentle) is such an awesome little store packed with organic goods, ragging liberal and peace making bumper stickers and other great finds. Its right by the beach too! I highly reccomend this place, its one of my very fav.

Pros: price, vegan options, location

Cons: serves meat

Return to Encinitas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Roxy Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1786 times since Apr 2010.