Roti Mediterranean Grill

Contact 312-332-6013

200 W Randolph (at Wells), Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60606

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chain restaurant with multiple locations. Offers falafel and vegetables in sandwiches and bowls made to order and other vegan choices. Has gluten-free pita bread. Vegan information available on website. Locations in Chicago, Washington DC, New York, Maryland and Virginia. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-8:00pm, Sat 11:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Mediterranean, Catering, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by happycowgirl

Good Falafel - Edit

I really like this place for lunch. Their falafel wrap is delicious and I also like their couscous. They have all these options like eggplant and olives that you can add to your wrap. The hummus is nothing special, but I liked the pita chips it came with. This isn't a good place if you want a fancy dinner, but for lunch or quick dinner, it's perfect. They seem pretty veg friendly too, some of the staff wear t-shirts that say "Vegetarians are people too."

Pros: Delicious falafel, Plenty of vegan sides, The pita bread is really good

Cons: It's a little bit pricy for just a wrap, Their hummus isn't great

Pleasantly Surprised - Edit

I went to Roti because it had a half way decent view and it was the closest place to my hotel(hint, I can be very lazy). I was pleasantly surprised based on the review listed already(it was only like a 3). I got the Falafel in a Pita bread, and they made the falafel for me while I waited. It was delicious. They let me put as many veggies as I wanted on it and the falafel was well made. It kind of had the same feel as something like Crazy Bowls and Wraps(where I love to get beans on rice :) ) Overall it was a pleasant and timely experience.

Pros: good food, good portion size

Cons: paper plates seem cheap

Not Impressed - Edit

It's nice that Roti's is open until 8pm on weekdays so if you work in the loop and have to stay late at the office, you can grab dinner. Most fast food joints in the Loop don't stay open this late. So Roti's is good for that. But honestly, unless you're in a hurry or are trapped in the Loop and Roti's is your only option, skip this place. Their offerings are mediocre at best.

This Roti location is in the theatre district so if you're in the area b/c you're seeing a show, forget Roti's, catch a cab and head to Greek Town which is just across the river at Adams & Halsted (about a mile away). If you're vegetarian, go to any Greek restaurant and order the vegetarian moussaka for some melt in your mouth deliciousness you won't soon forget. If you're vegan, go to Karen's on Green. Karen's on Green is an upscale vegan restaurant (not a Greek restaurant) which happens to be located in Greek Town.

If you're new to town, tell the cabbie to take you to Adams & Halsted. That's the middle of Greek Town. Halsted is restaurant row. You can walk up and down Halsted, check out the restaurants and menus and find one you like.

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Roti Mediterranean Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1867 times since Jan 2013.