Rosti Tuscan Kitchen

Contact 310-393-3236

931 Montana Ave, Santa Monica, California, USA, 90403

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian restaurant offering home style dishes. Offers separate menus for vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free diets. The vegan menu has appetizers, soup, salads, pizza, sandwiches, and pasta. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan

decent vegan pizzas and pasta - Edit

I really like the effort this mainstream restaurant has made towards offering vegan options and enjoy eating here from time to time. They could offer more options including vegan cheeses.

Pros: pizzas

Cons: lack of vegan cheeses

Veggies platter - Edit

I've eaten at Rosti's before but didn't noticed that they offer a veggies platter until this week when my family came for a night out. You get to choose any 3 of their deli/hot bar items. We got the roasted potatoes, the garlic spinach, and grilled vegges. We also ordered a vegan pasta dish (forgot the name - comes with long noodles, tomato and garlic sauce).

Pros: flavors, reasonable prices

Cons: not all veg

Yummy Grilled Vegetable Panini - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Rosti Tuscan Kitchen review. Decided to check the place out for myself after seeing the favorable reviews here.

It seems Rosti's primary draw may be their chicken, but they actually offer separate menus for vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free diets. They make the effort to accommodate vegetarians and vegans.

From the vegan menu, my husband and I shared a bowl of minestrone soup (fair), a vegan grilled vegetable panini sandwich (very delicious), and a capellini primavera pasta (hearty portion, ok).

The grilled vegetable panini was great, and I would get that again. However, I tasted real butter in my capellini pasta dish, which I think the kitchen may have used a bowl or utensil that had some butter on it. Our waitress told me that that olive oil is for the vegan dishes, but I believe a case of kitchen cross-contamination may have occurred with my dish. Oh well. I know this is not a pure vegetarian restaurant, and since there's only one kitchen that makes both veg and non-veg food, there's bound to be some mix up and there. Thank goodness I'm not terribly allergic to butter.

In any case, we would return again for their panini sandwich and maybe try the cheese-less pizza next time! The prices are inexpensive for the Montana Ave area, and it's convenient to eat here when in the area. You can even sit outside on the sidewalk.

Unexpected Delight! - Edit

Four of us went here on a Sunday night, the place was pretty busy but the service was still great! They offer the regular menu, a gluten free menu & a vegan menu! The gluten free and vegan menu had a decent selection to pick from. The prices aren't cheap but they are reasonable for the quality and portion size of the dishes. I personally had the Bruschetta Pomodoro $7.25 which was amazing & fed three of us! Also, I had the eggplant pasta dish off the vegan menu & that was also very tasty! I will definitely be going back.

Pros: Service, Quality, Taste

Cons: Pricey, Serves Meat

Great salads, pastas and pizza! - Edit

Family friendly, really yummy, fresh salads, they will make any of them veggie or vegan. You can also make your own pasta with any of thier vegetarian sauces and add some any of there seasonal veggies (which there are alot of!) The Pizza's are amazing, thin crust, or you can get a Gluten Free option as well. They deliver and do amazing caterings as well!

Pros: healthy, friendly staff, satisfying

Fantastic Pizza / Separate Vegan Menu - Edit

I was so happy to hear about the Vegan Menu at Rosti. I've been getting pizza without cheese there at least once a week. They are so nice and accommodating. The manager is really on the ball. Dining in/carry out and even delivery are all phenomenal ways of enjoying Rosti. Its just a really laid back and informal place. My only tip is to not sit too close to the door! Its always opening and closing!!!

Pros: vegan menu, high quality ingredients , authentic pizza

Return to Santa Monica Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rosti Tuscan Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5513 times since Feb 2011.