Rosetta's Kitchen

828-232-0738

116 N Lexington Ave, Asheville, North Carolina, USA, 28801

Vegetarian whole food restaurant with menu items such as peanut butter tofu, smashed taters, nutritional yeast gravy, and vegan dessert. Dine in the hand-crafted wooden furnishing interior or on the enclosed balcony. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, International, Organic, Take-out, Catering

First Review by Bethie

So Good! - Edit

This place is so cool. I got the tempeh rueben with avocado instead of cheese, omg so freakin amazing. My group got the chili cheese fries to start and that was pretty good too, not mind-blowing. I don't live anywhere near Asheville but when I'm close by I will definitely visit again!

Pros: Cool atmosphere, Friendly staff, Sea Horses!!!

Nice little place - Edit

Nice little place to grab a drink or food. Great food and varied drink options like kombucha!

Amazing! - Edit

I ordered the buchi flight to start then followed that with the veggie nuggets and the chili cheese fries. Portion for the fries was huge. I could not finish it all. Veggie nuggets were delicious as well. Great paired with their vegan ranch. Overall, I was very impressed. Visiting out of town from Knoxville where we have limited vegan options so this was a true pleasure to be able to visit and have a place like Rosetta's with great food and atmosphere.

Pros: kombucha bar, vegan bar food, friendly staff

Good but not great - Edit

I was a little nervous about eating here after reading some of the reviews, but I had a generally good experience. The atmosphere is perfect--downstairs there's an open front area full of plants and upstairs is a kind of open balcony.

The the tempalo wings and ranch (maybe the best vegan ranch I've had!) were tasty, though I didn't love their veggie burger or "Family Favorite."

They also have a program where they offer rice and beans on a sliding scale of $2-$6 dollars for members of the community, which is awesome. However, at the end I went over to the bar to try to make a donation to the program, but the bartender ignored me for awhile (even though there were only two people at the bar), so I just had to leave after waiting for a bit. Other than that, though, it was a fine experience. I was only here once, so I would come back to try some of their other dishes.

Pros: Good tempalo wings & ranch!, Nice space open to the street

Cons: Not a great veggie burger

Decent - Edit

We've eaten hear twice, and both times it has been fine. I got the vegan grilled cheese the first time, and the vegan chili cheese fries the second. Both were ok, not amazing. Kind of reminded me of something I would make kind of lazily at home. My husband got the rueben the first time, and a tempeh bowl the second. Again, they were good, but nothing amazing. His favorite thing was the kombucha flight. I liked looking at the tiny sea horses they had in their giant fish tank.
Both visits the service was ok. Not super friendly or fast.
It is great that this place is totally vegetarian. Not sure if I'll be back next time we're in town. Just ok for me.

Pros: vegetarian, lots of options

Cons: just ok

Comfort food for sure! - Edit

Walked away with a very full tummy and a comforted, happy feeling. Many times vegan options/restaurants are fresh, healthy, tasty, and light. There is this of course at Rosetta's, but also options that are rich, indulgent, creamy, filling, and comforting in a way non-veg southern staples can be... But totally plant based! Such a rarity. We loved what we ate and will definitely be back again. This really showed us how vegan friendly Asheville can be when we were visiting. Also, we ate downstairs in the less crowded "bar" area during brunch time, and felt like we had the place to ourselves. Very relaxed vibe.

Pros: Comforting , Filling, large portions , Laid back feeling, seated downstairs

So so delicious! - Edit

My boyfriend and I were so happy to find this adorable restaurant! It was so refreshing to see such a wide range of vegan options including numerous desserts. The food was amazing and the staff was friendly. Ill be visiting again next time I'm in Asheville.

AMAZING! - Edit

We went here as soon as we got into town after a long day of driving - and ordered basically everything. Someone mentioned the tempalo wings - get them ASAP!! Everything was amazing. I especially loved the Veggie Nuggets. We ate here a few times and will definitely be coming back next time we're in town.

Pros: So many vegan options, Large seating area, Cheap

Get the Tempalo Wings... Now! - Edit

This place is amazing! Excellent atmosphere, great drinks (try the Buchirita) and the food is outstanding! You must get the Tempalo Wings! Then when you're done, get more...

Good old fashioned country cooking - Edit

I love this restaurant! They have so many vegan options! I like their biscuits & cornbread and I love their gravy made with nutritional yeast. Their desserts are ok, not great. I wish they wouldn't overuse peanut butter when they have vegan cheesecake on the dessert menu. The savory food is where the action is at.

Pros: comfortable environment, comfort food

Cons: too much peanut butter in desserts

Disappointing - Edit

After reading the great reviews, I was looking forward to a wonderful experience at Rosetta's. Sadly, it was very disappointing. The service was very slow - about 1 1/2 hours for our visit. Our appetizer arrived with our meals and one meal was completely wrong. When the correct order finally arrived (Swiss Portabello Melt) it was missing a main ingredient, the Swiss cheese. Rather than return the meal a second time, my guest ate the sandwich as is. The House Veggie Burger was average.

Cons: slow service, average food

Favorite place in Ashville - Edit

I love this place. Almost everything is vegan, so order with ease.

I do not live in Asheville but visit Rosetta's every time I am in town.

You will not be disappointed with the generous portions of fresh delicious fare.

Pros: Location in downtown, Open late, Kombucha bar downstairs

great food and friendly - Edit

Very tasty food. Great menu with many options. Gluten free friendly also! Would highly recommend.

Pros: extensive menu, friendly staff , great taste

Cons: maybe a little pricey? for some

Great Blue Plate Special - Edit

Okay, so they don't call it that, but Rosetta's superior version of the traditional diner meal is a delicious combo of smashed potatoes, kale greens, and choice of tofu or tempeh. I went with the tempeh. Offered in two sizes, I chose the large and it satisfied the big appetite I had that day. The gravy with the potatoes was awesome, and the tempeh was a generous portion, nicely seasoned and sauteed. My only suggestion is to ease up a bit on the oil and salt for the kale. A kombucha beverage on tap rounded out the meal.

A plus is that just about everything on the menu either is or can be made vegan.

Pros: Like Home Cookin', Mainly Vegan, Kombucha

Cons: Non-vegan Items

love this place - Edit

I absolutely love Rosetta's Kitchen. I go every time I'm visiting WNC. My favorite item on the menu is the tacos, and also the chips and queso, but I've never had anything I didn't like at Rosetta's.

scrumptious - Edit

I really can't find anything that I don't like about this place. The biggest plus for me is the extensive vegan menu. Oh my goodness so many options. And not only is there a lot to choose from, they also created a menu that lets you opt for smaller portions of some things. Definitely a young hip vibe that embraces a sense of community responsibility. Try it. If you have a bit of an adventuresome palate, you'll like it.

Pros: selection, attitude, ambience

Cons: nope none

One of my absolute favorites - Edit

I have never had a bad meal at Rosetta's. The Pad Thai was a little heavy for my taste but it was still pretty good. The smokey tofu wrap, tacos, reuben, and family favorite are my preferred meals but you really can't go wrong!

Pros: Delicious, Decent prices, Community oriented

Cons: Not open Sunday nights; but you guys nee

YUMMY - Edit

I went here a couple of times when I was in Asheville. The first time was to the new addition of the buchi bar. Cool environment, friendly staff, delicious buchi drinks, I started with the non-alcoholic, love is the drug, apple, beets, ginger... soooo good. Then switched to Tito's mixed with "Fire" which was delicious. Then, I tried "Sovereign" which was also fantastic. It felt like I was drinking some kind of champagne! I also tried the "Holiday" special, vanilla and cloves, which was a little too sweet for me personally, but a small glass was perfect. I had the wings with vegan ranch, soooooo delicious! I went back again for brunch and at in the upstairs restaurant. Amazing comfort food... soysage, biscuit, gravy, mashed potatoes, kale... yum! Everything was awesome.

Updated from previous review on Monday November 17, 2014

Pros: Awesome vegan comfort food, Buchi bar/relaxed atmosphere, Friendly staff

Return to Asheville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rosetta's Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.