Rosengrens Skafferi

019-109540

Engelbrektsgatan 16, Orebro, Sweden, 70212

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant is 100% vegetarian, with many vegan options, but apparently their pies are not veg. Market is not vegetarian. Open Tue 10:00am-6:00pm, Wed 10:00am-9:00pm, Thu-Fri 10:00am-6:00pm, Sat 11:00am-4:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-4:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Buffet, Salad bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by tjetchu

Lunch buffet - Edit

Me and the fianceé decided to eat here after some time shopping. The atmosphere is nice, and a lot of the buffet is vegan.

The buffet changes every day, which is nice so you don't have to eat the same food every day. The main courses when we ate there was a massaman curry, warm potato salad and zucchini-patties (unfortunately not vegan), as well as a lot of different cold salads, hummus, bread etc.

The warm potato salad was pretty good, and there was a red lentil salad that was delicious. The curry was ok, but we did expect some more oomph in it, was a bit on the bland side, especially for a curry. Would be nice to see a place with a lot of vegan food that has some kick to it, and maybe doesn't have to be über-healthy.

Pricing is a bit much in my opinion (110:-) for the buffet (maybe we had a bad day, if we got a more tasteful main course I feel the price would be worth it).

Will probably try this place more and see if we luck out on a tastier main course, if so, I will then raise the rating.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-21

Pros: Lot of the vegetarian buffet is vegan, Nice location, nice atmosphere, Friendly staff that explained the menu well

Cons: Could have dishes with more oomph, A bit too pricey

Love this place - Edit

I live in Orebro and this is one of my favorite restaurants. Their vegetarian buffe is wonderful. I have also taken vegetarian cooking classes and been to an absinth evening there.

not 100% veg - Edit

The lunch buffet is indeed 100% vegetarian. But they do however serve pies which are not veg. Over all the buffet is good, but varies from day to day. I always check the menu online before I decide to have lunch there.

Return to Orebro Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rosengrens Skafferi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.