Rose Valley Cakes

718-523-2253

134-03 Liberty Ave, Queens, New York, USA, 11419

Eggless bakery in South Richmond Hills. Offers quick lunch food from 11:30am-3pm that's vegetarian, some vegan. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Bakery, Catering

First Review by slo0go

vegan cakes - Edit

By far the best vegan bakery I've been to. I brought the rest of my birthday cake to work and my coworkers could not believe it was vegan! Absolutely delicious.. creamy and moist cakes...the store owner is so pleasant to talk to. I'm so happy to have this bakery close to home!

Pros: everything

Cons: cash only :( sometimes I'm dying for cake but have

Great place to get cakes and cupcakes - Edit

I was looking for great tiramisu and chocolate cake (both are my dessert kryptonite :-) Since I am trying to be more health conscious this year, I wanted a bakery that served desserts that were lower in sugar and vegan and/or vegetarian (I have been reading a lot about hormones being injected into animals and all the damage/ repercussions it causes on our bodies so try to eat organic and/or vegetarian when I can).

I yelped this and thought I would give it a shot... and boy! am I happy I did!!!!

My first experience- I was greeted by Mr. Singh who was friendly and polite. He showed me various slices which all looked great but I knew what I wanted :-)) I ordered my slices and sat at an available table. I took my fork and plummeted in for the first bite.. and WOW!!!! The first bite of tiramisu with a small coffee was soo delicious- moist and full of flavor goodness (by the way, I must mention.. this place only takes cash which was OK for me because the price was really reasonable.... compared to the Manhattan bakeries I am used to). Needless to say, after I scraped the last piece of tiramisu cake into my mouth, I ordered a slice of the chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling....wow, what a little slice of chocolate heaven!!!!

In the end, before leaving, I ordered my dessert fill for the week for both me and my boyfriend (who also loved the chocolate cake and the chocolate mousse cake- both 2 different cakes- both lovely)

I am now a loyal customer even though it's a journey for me.. if you are committed to dessert like me... it is well worth the trip!!!!

On last bite of info- everything is fresh and they switch things up as far as deserts go. While you can place your order in advance, I recommend giving some of the newer created desserts a shot too..I did.. one being a mango mousse... it was AMAZING!!!

Pros: GREAT FLAVOR!!!, moist cakes, sweets that is not too sweet

Outstanding Vegan Cakes - Edit

I purchased a cake for my wedding, and I must say I was impressed with the level of professionalism from the staff. The cake turned out beautifully, and most of all it tasted great. It's hard to find vegan cakes, and Rose Valley Cakes made my dreams come true. The staff is like having an added family member in your corner.

Delicious new bakery! - Edit

I have been trying to find a vegan bakery in the NYC area to bake my wedding cake. I was convinced that with my budget, I could only afford a small cake and then feed sheet cakes to our guests. I had spoken to Lael cakes, which has beautiful and delicious cakes, but which is also pretty pricey. I had spoken to Vegan Treats in PA, which had better pricing, but at which I could only afford a smaller cake with sheet cakes. I had ordered a cake at Cinnamon Snail once. The cake was beautiful, but because it was made in fondant, it was not as tasty as I'd hoped.

Finally, my parents found a flyer at VegeEats for Rose Valley. I stopped by over the weekend. They are right down the street from Veggie Castle in Richmond Hill, and their baked goods are AMAZING!!! We were so impressed with the chocolate mousse, which is so rich but not too sweet. Kamla, the baker, told us that she does not use a lot of sugar; she uses fruit juices to sweeten her desserts.

Although the bakery has only been open for eight months, Kamla told us she has decades of experience. We saw several people stop by to pick up beautiful cakes for their parties. A few of them made it a point to personally thank Kamla and tell her how wonderful her baking is. And it's all true!

Kamla will be making our five tiered vegan wedding cake at a price I can afford. I am so excited - I'll have to update you after the wedding!!!

You should also know that Rose Valley has food as well. We tried their platter. The lentils were absolutely delicious! We also had a vegetable curry dish and a mock duck dish that was tasty as well. Definitely give Rose Valley a try! It may be a bit of a schlep, but definitely worth it.

Be aware that not everything is vegan. I believe everything is egg-free, but not everything is dairy free. Be sure to ask before trying!

Updated from previous review on Sunday June 22, 2014

***UPDATE*** The cake was absolutely delicious and really beautiful. HOWEVER, I must note that Kamla called me two days before the wedding to ask me for FOUR TIMES the delivery price she initially quoted me, saying that she thought my wedding was on Long Island, and not in Jersey City. I refused to pay the additional funds and insisted that we had an agreed upon price. She ultimately conceded to the price we had agreed upon. (My confirmation email to her after we first met did in fact indicate the location). Get everything in writing with this vendor.

Otherwise, I was very happy.

Pros: Delicious baked goods!, Affordable!, Friendly baker!

Cons: GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING

Return to Queens Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rose Valley Cakes closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.