Root Pop

Pingguo Community, Northern District, Block B, Building 3, 22, Beijing, China, 100022

Modern American food restaurant est. summer 2017 at 苹果社区北区B座3号楼22. Serves burgers, hot dog, nachos, and more. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by GraceHan

Feels Like I'm in the States! Cute menu design - Edit

Root Pop had a very hip vibe, and with a small but impactful menu, I was able to try something other than my normal veggie burger. The tempura dog was so good and unique, and my mom tried the caesar salad which was really quite authentic from my memory of caesar salads. We got parmesan fries (I wanted to try the "Animal" Style ones, but I knew my mom wouldn't be a fan) and they were delicious!

I absolutely love that the menus had the animal terms crossed out, so the "animal" style fries, hot "dogs", etc. had the word animal/dog with a strike through it, very cute touch.

They have soft serve ice cream, but the machine was broken when I was there, unfortunately. However, they were really nice and once they got it up and running (kinda) they gave us an extra bowl of ice cream on the house! The machine was still a bit wonky so the texture wasn't perfect but the flavor was great.

If I'm ever in Beijing again, I will definitely stop by here for more burgers and dogs (and nachos and fries).

Pros: Food is delicious and realistic, Marketing/ design is cute, Upscale version of classic burger shop

Cons: Pricey, Limited seating

Amazing place and delicious food - Edit

I was in Beijing when Root Pop first opened, I attended its grand opening and it was a great experience.

During my 1-month stay in beijing I went to Root Pop couple of more times trying out different new dishes launched and all were delicious!

Root Pop's menu has since been updated again with many more great options including vegan Paella!

Pros: Amazingly delicious vegan food beautifully present, outside seats perfect for summer, Wines are really good

Cons: None, None, None

Return to Beijing Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Root Pop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.