Root Pop

Pingguo Community, Northern District, Block B, Building 3, 22, Beijing, China, 100022

Modern American food restaurant est. summer 2017 at 苹果社区北区B座3号楼22. Serves burgers, hot dog, nachos, and more. Open Tue-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by GraceHan

awesome! - Edit

The food is on par with western standards if not better. packed full of flavour, it was delicious. It's in a great art district location so nice area to walk around. Also dog friendly so many locals with dogs you can pat!

Pros: all vegan, western

Cons: portions are extremely small so you'll need to ord

My Favourite Vegan Takeout - Edit

Although I haven’t been to this restaurant, I’ve ordered takeout several times, which has never disappointed.
Although it’s a little pricier than some of the other places, all the dishes I’ve tried have been delicious. There’s a varied menu with vegan “junk food” (burgers,etc) as well as really great salads & wraps. Hope to work my way through the whole menu, and maybe one day venture to the actual restaurant!

Eat BEFORE you go - Edit

This is a place I would go to on a FULL stomach or just to TRY some vegan food. The portion sizes were that of a concession stand. We ordered the animal fries which came out like a kids side item and they were anything but animal style.

We also got the animal burger which was very soft and small like a savoury cake. The last thing we got was the kimchi fried rice. It was like a fragrant coconut rice, which was a big disappointment

. Everything tasted fine, but the price and portion size puts it on my ”skip it” list. I would rather go to The Veggie Table instead

Pros: Tastes good, Chic Environment

Cons: Small portions, Too pricey , Confused menu

Healthy versions of comfort food - Edit

Not so easy to find, since Google Maps put the location given by Happy Cow in a different building on this cute pedestrian walkway of hip and arty shops, bars, cafes, and boutiques. But there are some small signs on some of the buildings that point to "3" (which is the correct building).

I enjoyed everything I had here. The Aussie Burger was super tasty. And the B Fries were also nice for comfort food. And the chocolate ice cream was wonderful. All vegan, despite the look of cheese and cream.

There is a pile of English and Chinese menus at the cash register, where you order. The person at the register didn't know English, but was super friendly and helpful.

Pros: Good vegan food

Feels Like I'm in the States! Cute menu design - Edit

Root Pop had a very hip vibe, and with a small but impactful menu, I was able to try something other than my normal veggie burger. The tempura dog was so good and unique, and my mom tried the caesar salad which was really quite authentic from my memory of caesar salads. We got parmesan fries (I wanted to try the "Animal" Style ones, but I knew my mom wouldn't be a fan) and they were delicious!

I absolutely love that the menus had the animal terms crossed out, so the "animal" style fries, hot "dogs", etc. had the word animal/dog with a strike through it, very cute touch.

They have soft serve ice cream, but the machine was broken when I was there, unfortunately. However, they were really nice and once they got it up and running (kinda) they gave us an extra bowl of ice cream on the house! The machine was still a bit wonky so the texture wasn't perfect but the flavor was great.

If I'm ever in Beijing again, I will definitely stop by here for more burgers and dogs (and nachos and fries).

Pros: Food is delicious and realistic, Marketing/ design is cute, Upscale version of classic burger shop

Cons: Pricey, Limited seating

Amazing place and delicious food - Edit

I was in Beijing when Root Pop first opened, I attended its grand opening and it was a great experience.

During my 1-month stay in beijing I went to Root Pop couple of more times trying out different new dishes launched and all were delicious!

Root Pop's menu has since been updated again with many more great options including vegan Paella!

Pros: Amazingly delicious vegan food beautifully present, outside seats perfect for summer, Wines are really good

Cons: None, None, None

Return to Beijing Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Root Pop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.