ROOS Taste and Smile

071-7851294

Botermarkt 12, Leiden, Netherlands, 2311 EM

Serves meat, vegan options available. A small, cozy cafe in the center of the city. Has several vegan and vegetarian options on the menu, including overnight oats (oatmeal), banana bread, acai bowls and salads. Moreover, some vegan drinks such as juices and teas, are served. Other dishes can probably be made vegan or vegetarian. Has gluten free. Open Mon-Fri 8:30am-6:00pm, Sat 8:00am-6:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Juice bar, European, Non-veg

First Review by njanszen

Central - Edit

It's a central location in the busy part of Leiden, with a nice terrace at the waterside.

They have 1 vegan lunch dish: bread with hummus and vegetables, and 1 cake: bananabread (indicated with ''vegan'' on the menu :D )

The bread with hummus did not have so much taste, but the bananabread was really nice!

Either way, nice to have a vegan option in the city centre.

Fantastic cake - Edit

I love this cafe, I go there a lot both on my own and with friends. There are vegan options, my favourite being the overnight oats (which turned out to be much more exciting than I expected!), but for this vegetarian their most attractive offering is their range of cakes. It's all delicious, but if I had to pick I'd say the carrot cake is the best on the list. A cup of jasmine tea and a piece of carrot cake at Cafe Roos make my day.

Pros: Superb cake, Good ambiance, Vegan options

Wonderful place! - Edit

Our favorite place in Leiden. Great coffee and many lunch options (a few vegetarian, could be made vegan).

Pros: Great lovation, Loving people

Cons: No 100% vegan options

Return to Leiden Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has ROOS Taste and Smile closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.