First Review by iokan

Best food in Japan - Edit

Great vegetarian food.
Biggest naan bread I've eaten.
Vegan options available.
Great staff, english speaking.
Go during lunch for kickass lunch offers, 1030 or 1300¥ to feel completely stuffed, a feeling not commonly recognized in Japan.
1800¥ for the full dinner option. Curry, naan, rice, papadum, salad, samosas, salad and a soft drink (mango juice, soymilk lassie et.c.)

Pros: Not japanese food., No more noodles, Finally some tasty diversity.

Cons: Japanese rice.

Roopa-likey - Edit

A nice Indian place really close to the train station (and our hostel) which was very busy but accommodating! The food was tasty but lacked in some ingredients. We got the curry vegetables and eggplant and potato curry - both of which consisted of mostly potato, but also I love potato and the sauce was delicious. The naan is huge and amazing!

Unfortunately we found a piece of chicken in one of our dishes, which was a bit of a bummer, but we're sure it doesn't happen often!

The staff were lovely and helpful! Menu in English and loads of dishes to choose from!

good food, friendly staff - Edit

This is one of the better indian restaurants we tried during our Japan trip. Staff speaks english very well. Food is very nice. Their small naan is huge. It is located on the back of the train station, to the right, a few hundreds of meters away.

Great vegan food... Opening hours - Edit

It is no problem to order vegan food. It was delicious. The staff is very friendly. The opening hours are daily 11am to 3 pm and 5 pm to 10pm. It is very close to Hiroshima train station, shinkansen exit, then turn right on main road.

Pros: Different vegan and vegetarian options

Cons: Moderate

Great vegetarian curry set! - Edit

Located near JR Hiroshima station, Shinkansen exit (super express train) go toward right to Sheraton hotel on big avenue and in about 1 min walk you'll find there. The staff can speak Engilsh and understands well the vegetarian needs. Curry was so good, great to go when visiting Atomic bomb site and museum.

Every day please - Edit

Which restaurant do you choose? The one that has the most local customers or the one that looks the nicest? If you go for the second option, Roopali may not be your first choice. It is on a side street, far from the city centre but very close to Hiroshima station (less than a minute walk). From the outside Roopali doesn't look special or attractive.

Once inside the place is much busier than other Indian restaurants in the city. The waitress handed me an English menu without asking and was keen to explain the differences between the various dishes.

I ordered the vegetarian menu which consists of soup, papadum, two small curries, nan, a salad, rice, dessert and a drink. It's up to the customer to select the two curries in the vegetarian menu. The vegetarian curries are clearly marked and there's even a picture of each dish.

When the meal was served I thought it would be way too much, but it was all so delicious that I cleaned out each and every bowl. One can choose from five levels of spiciness, I opted for the "little hot" which offers all the taste but doesn't set the mouth on fire. The variety of the meals, the ingredients used, the spices, the portions, the service were all great. The only modest thing was the price. So if I could, I'd eat here everyday (or at least for the time I'm in Hiroshima).

Pros: taste, friendly staff, fair prices

Cons: no biryani on the menu (anymore)

Return to Hiroshima Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Roopali closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2182 times since Aug 2007.