• Rook's Pizza and Diner

Pizza
Italian
Honey
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers several vegan dishes marked in the menu. Includes antipasto pizza, eggplant parmigiana and roast pumpkin penne. Formerly a La Porchetta franchise. Open Mon-Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Venue map for Rook's Pizza and Diner
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Tiggy

Darlenejoy

Points +52

20 Apr 2022

Friendly and helpful!

We called ahead to check availability and was so happy to know they have vegan cheese. Had a very yummy pizza that was the vegetarian I just swapped the mozzarella for vegan cheese, my husband had the pumpkin pasta which was nice too. The waitress was really helpful and friendly asking the chef questions for me.

Pros: Friendly , Flavour was good

Tiggy

Points +15194

05 Jan 2022

Pit stop

We were getting hungry around dinner time on our way back to Melbourne and the HC app told us this was a short detour. There really weren’t a lot of options, with only two listed in the vegan category of the menu. I asked whether pizzas could be made vegan and the person serving us wasn’t sure but did tell us they were out of vegan cheese. We ordered the antipasto pizza (listed under vegan options) and a garden salad. The pizza was OK but unexciting. We’d been told it had sundried tomato on it but I didn’t detect that. This is only going to be a place you stop if you have to.