• Rome Point Café

Ovo
American
Breakfast
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe open for breakfast and lunch offering clearly labeled vegan items. Includes vegan pancakes, tofu scramble, avocado toast, hash browns, oatmeal, smoothies, almond milk, vegan butter and veggie burgers. Also added vegan specials such as vegan flatbread breakfast pizza with seasoned tofu, sautéed veggies, vegan cheese on a grilled flatbread, vegan multigrain berry muffins and a vegan burger. Open Mon-Sun 6:00am-2:30pm.

Venue map for Rome Point Café
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by BeckyKnight

Elaine_P

Points +104

07 Nov 2022

Vegan option in South County

I was in South County and wanted to go to a diner. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this place had a few vegan options! The food was pretty good and I'd definitely recommend to other vegan folks. I got the tofu scramble which was pretty good and the vegan packages which were okay and stodgy.

Pros: Tofu scramble , A good option in a vegan desert, Authentic diner

Cons: Busy, need to wait for a table

SaraKlimek

Points +56

26 Oct 2021

Great location; vegan and non-vegan options.

Ordered a vegan platter with mock egg, veggies, impossible sausage, hash, and wheat toast. Delicious and caters to all kinds of eaters.

Pros: Some vegan options, Affordable , Comfy diner feel

tealbarnes

Points +20

08 Aug 2021

Sooo goood!

Happy with the vegan options! The pancakes were very tasty! Well deff be going back!

patama

Points +16

27 May 2021

Nice staff / affordable / tasty food / ever-changing menu

A true gem. Definitely stop in if you're in the area. I had a delicious tofu scramble with fresh veggies, specially made home fries with a delicious sauce. The vegan pancakes were delicious and they brought me almond milk for my coffee and vegan butter for their homemade rosemary bread. My vegetarian husband had the eggplant benedict which he says was The Best Breakfast He's Ever Had. The staff were so sweet and accommodating and let me know that the chef changes up the menu on a weekly basis, so there's always something new. Hope I can come back!

Pros: Great vegan options, Friendly staff , Local feel

AllisonB

Points +32

27 Sep 2020

Yummy

We had an excellent tofu scramble with loads of fresh veggies! They’ve put very well-spaced picnic tables outside so you can enjoy safely if you do takeout. I appreciated that they checked the ingredients on the vegan sausage for me - turns out it wasn’t gluten-free so I couldn’t enjoy but they said sometimes the brands they carry are.

vazquezkelli7

Points +42

02 Aug 2020

Hometown Joint w/ Vegan Options

Full serve vegan breakfast options and specials- vegan tofu scramble, hash, biscuits and gravy, pancakes with add ins, breakfast wraps, beyond meat burgers, sandwiches, etc all vegan. Everything was cooked great, veggies were not overly cooked or cooked with too much oils. Very fresh homestyle brunch.

Pros: Full plate vegan options, not just side dishes, Fresh cooks, not overly cooked veggies

kahatch

Points +213

30 Jun 2020

Great vegan breakfasts

Good tofu scrambles, avocado toast, muffins, vegan pancakes.

BeckyKnight

Points +22

13 Nov 2019

Very Vegan Friendly!

My family and I visited recently because the owners reached out on social media asking for suggestions for new vegan specials. They did not disappoint! In addition to the vegan items already on their regular menu (vegan pancakes, avocado toast, tofu scramble, smoothies, hash browns) the specials offered a flatbread breakfast pizza, multi-grain berry muffins and a vegan burger (Lightlife). Danielle, our wait staff, was eager to explain all of the options and make sure our experience was totally vegan. My tofu scramble was delicious and filling. My husband loved the flatbread breakfast pizza, topped with seasoned tofu, sauteed veggies and vegan cheese. My son enjoyed his pancakes with VEGAN chocolate chips! Great coffee with almond milk and they also offer vegan butter. We will be coming back very soon!!

Pros: Friendly staff, Delicious food

This page has been viewed 1972 times.