Contact 092291565

74 Street 174, Phnom Penh, Cambodia,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has vegetarian section on its menu. Operated by the same organization as Friends, as a training school for former street kids. Closes annually for the Pchum Ben festival from Oct 11-Oct 28. Tue-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Khmer, Non-veg

First Review by Vegan8

Simply lovely - Edit

A great place to eat with non-vegetarian friends. The veggie options are numerous and really scrummy. They're not the usual Khmer fare with meat substitutes but stand on their own. I ate Jeow Mak, a grilled aubergine and chilli dip with crusty baguette, Tak Kroeng, mushroom pate with cumin, then a mouth-watering pumpkin amok... and I'm going back tomorrow. Plus you eat for a very good cause and the staff are delightful.

Pros: excellent food, really, great staff, you can get the recipes

not as good as sandan :( - Edit

This place does tapas. There were several options for veg and vegan. We tried the ricotta balls - pretty good. A salad - which I think was the best salad I have ever had. The hummus on wonton chips - ok. Our big disappointment was the eggplant spread - which ended up having mayo in it - not on the menu :( we couldn't eat it AND even though we explained that mayo should be a listed ingredient, they didn't take the item off our bill. We weren't happy :(

Pros: creative non-Asian food , fun atmosphere - art, music, colour, outdoor seating

Cons: menu items with non-veg items not listed , items are pre-made so no changes can be made

Good food and a great cause - Edit

At about $5 per menu item, this is more expensive than many other veg options in the city. However, the food is great, the portion sizes are large, and it feels nice helping former street kids. If you like lemongrass, you should love the "fresh garden vegetable sauteed with lemongrass and spicy basil" on the vegetarian section of the menu.

Pros: excellent food, trains former street kids, nice vibe

Cons: more expensive than other options

Return to Phnom Penh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Romdeng closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1149 times since Feb 2009.