ROM Vegetarian Restaurant

• ( 41 reviews )

87 Hoàng Văn Thụ, Da Nang, Vietnam, 50211

Revolution of Mushroom, or ROM, serves a variety of Vietnamese and Asian style dishes, including mushroom pho, fried rice, bun, green curry, rice paper rolls, and tempura. This branch est. 2017 is its first. Small and easy to miss, so look for it opposite the Bamboo Green Central Hotel. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by DesmondLee

adaolaboga

Points +78

23 Aug 2020

👍

Love this place and food

TìnhVô

Points +15

05 Jun 2020

Good

the food was amazing and friendly staffs.

Pros: the food was amazing and friendly staffs.

Cons: the food was amazing and friendly staffs.

QuyenNhu

Points +32

12 Mar 2020

Fine but overprice

The food is okay but not amazing. The vegetables were a bit overcooked. Nice decoration but overprice for this.

Pros: Nice food

Cons: Overprice

Tranle730

Updated from previous review on 2020-02-28

ThuyPhan

Points +13

27 Feb 2020

Delicious but need to be more thoughtful

I don't know there are eggs in the dishes until they are served
It's quite overpriced for the value, such as typically there is rice cracker is included in My Quang but I have to pay for it
The manager complains about the staff vigorously in front of the guess. I feel sorry for them.
My Quang is delicious, Banh xeo is okay

Khanhhuy

My Quang very nice

My family like My Quang here. It's very nice

Updated from previous review on 2020-01-31

ThuỳDương

Points +23

great food!

I will come back, I really like this space.
Good food, clean food

DiệuXuân

Vegan food

Wonderful vegan restaurant, very nice service and decor. This is a upscale restaurant with a varied menu, offering delicious vegetarian food in a beautiful surrounding. A must try is your a vegetarian!

HiếuNguyễn

Points +13

31 Jan 2020

The best vegetanrian restaurant in Danang

The food is super delicious, diverse and rich. The space is beautiful, especially the staff is extremely friendly and thoughtful. The price is extremely reasonable.

NhiHaNa

good foods, nice place.

the food was amazing and friendly staffs.

ROMvegetarian.owner

Points +56

Owner
30 Jan 2020

Be kind to every kind

🇻🇳 This restaurant @rom_restaurant located in Danang is quiet & cozy with decors and furnishings that are photo worthy. 📸 The servings are big & sure will eat full. Their ingredients all the way to their greens are generous & well-laid out...got heart in the food lah so to speak.
❤ Though it's a small place, the quality we say, is there not small at all. Suitable for both vegetarians and vegans. 😊

TrongHoaNguyen

Points +33

24 Jan 2020

I love here

Quiet, nice place, good food. I love Pad Thai and Kimbap. It was amazing. Highly recommended.

AdrianMoore

04 Jan 2020

Enjoyed My Meal

Had a delicious Lotus flower salad. Amazingly flavour. The Stir fried broccoli was only ok. Prices steep compared to other places

Pros: Lotus Flower Salad - insanely good.

Cons: 75K for unexciting Broccoli stir fry

Cocopops

Points +21

15 Dec 2019

Highlight of my holiday

Wide menu, lovely fusions of mushrooms and traditional Vietnamise foods. Staff is really lovely! I could have eaten here for a whole trip.

Pros: Easy to find, Comfy room, Interesting craftbeer section

Mangsawirat

Points +265

09 Nov 2019

OK, pricey for what you get

English spoken. Reasonable selection. Food is nothing special for the prices charged.

Cons: A bit expensive for what you get

JenHacking

Points +50

29 Oct 2019

Good if you’re near, wouldn’t make special trip

We had green curry, veg tempura, coconut rice and some kind of tofu/pho noodle dish. The curry comes with rice but doesn’t say so and we asked but they didn’t speak much English, hence ordering the coconut rice which was way too much for us (although coconut rice was delicious!) Lots of staff, felt a bit watched as we ate!

Pros: Good vegan options, Tasty food, Central

Cons: Not that cheap, Hard to ask questions

ihightower

Points +64

20 Oct 2019

I will return

Great food, good indoor scenery, friendly staff.

Adriancrt

Points +22

18 Aug 2019

Amazing dishes

Almost everything was vegan, except for two or three cheese dishes. The restaurant is kind of mushroom-oriented, so almost every dish has mushrooms in it, which we appreciated cause they were delicious. We ordered the crispy noodles and we were surprised how big it was. We also had the only dessert they had, a coconut banana cake, very recommended.

Pros: Many vegan options.

Cons: Nothing

SashaLohew

Points +80

04 Aug 2019

Unbelievable and Disgusting!!!

Ordered a vietnamese pancake and green curry to go. Green curry was pretty good but SUPER small... filled up only half of the already very small take out container (with rice added...) It felt very light when I carried it out.

Vietnamese pancake contained EGG when I specifically asked for it with no egg (actually woman asked me if I wanted it without egg and I said yes please no egg). Also, there were 2 snails in the bag of mixed greens and herbs. Seriously?! They could not see those? Could not believe my eyes after already having eaten 2 wrapped bites. 😒 I tasted the egg and then saw the bugs. Ugggh, sick to my stomach now.

I threw out the pancake and greens. What a waste of money! So disappointed to have no lunch after spending 150K vnd on the food. Still very hungry; the little curry was not enough for us😒 Do not waste your time or money on this place.

Only reason this is 2 stars and not 1 is because the app won't allow me to put 1 star for a fully vegan or vegetarian restaurant... But my real rating is 1 star (or less!!!)

Hopefully do not feel sick later from the snail sludge!

Updated from previous review on 2019-08-04

Pros: vegetarian

Cons: bugs in food, eggs in food when specified vegan and NO eggs

toroop

Points +57

25 Jul 2019

Amazing food

Great food, we had a super fresh bitter melon salad and mushroom pho which was outstanding. Pricier than other eateries around but worth it. Nice decor.

JuriendeVries

Points +66

05 Jul 2019

Heerlijke gerechten

Van voorgerecht tot hoofdgerecht.

Pros: Veel diversiteit in de gerechten , Verfijnde smaak

ShantiTur

Points +651

20 Apr 2019

Tasty, Nice and Original!

One of my favorite vegan restaurants I found so far during one month in Danang. I was here three times and all what I tried was very good. Eggplant is excellent and abundant!

NonstopDan

Points +1198

25 Mar 2019

Decent, but service quite bad

The food isn’t amazing and quite pricy compared to other places. The vegan Vietnamese coffee was great. Some staff were also nice, but others spoke no English and were rude. Went twice due to convenience and I preferred it the second time. First visit was solid 3-star.

Cons: Inconsistent

kirsty.g

22 Mar 2019

Dissapointing

Unfortunately we really didn’t like this place. There was a big language barrier with staff and they were really noisy and seemingly rude. The veggie tempura was okay but we ordered the veggie fried rice and it was inedible.

dawnlight

Points +38

22 Mar 2019

Best Vietnamese Pancake!

Ordered the spring rolls and Vietnamese style pancake (crepe), and both were absolutely delicious! Really creative use of mushrooms in each of the dishes we got, and one of the best places for spring rolls (or rather spring triangles). The menu is very inexpensive by American standards.

OskarKappland

Points +603

18 Mar 2019

I’d go for the local places instead!

This place is ok, but nothing spectacular. The same dishes at the local places will cost you 1/2 or 1/3 the price and taste much better. The upside of this place is the nice interior and the ambience!

Pros: Interior design and atmosphere

Cons: Pricy for Da Nang

sitecrip

19 Jan 2019

Great banh xeo chay!

Although it's a bit pricey, the banh xeo chay is crispy to perfection. Will have to go back again if possible.

Return to Da Nang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has ROM Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.