Roll for the Soul

Contact 07596-917-946

2 Quay St, Bristol, England, BS1 2JL

Bicycle community cafe in central Bristol. Menu offers warm chilli, dahl, crunchy burgers, salads, cold and hot wraps. Coffees and selection of herbal infusions. Dog friendly.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by JulianUK

Top notch grub and full of good souls - Edit

This is probably my ideal eatery. Good vegan grub combined with lots of bicycle love. I wasn't sure from the outside looking in but it felt good on the inside. I had a burger - and it was really tasty - with really decent chunky chips. Menu well labelled and staff were really friendly too. I felt fulfilled from my experience and would certainly go back and recommend to others. I was only visiting Bristol (from Edinburgh) so I don't know what the standard in Bristol is but this is a 5 happy cows to me. I want one in Edinburgh.

Pros: Good grub, Friendly

Great food - Edit

I'll be honest, I wasn't quite sure about this place when I first walked in... but it proved to be an excellent choice for food. It was difficult to tell what the food might taste like from the presentation through the counter glass, so we plumped for two big vegan salad platters with chips. The selection was great and the flavours were fantastic.

I'd be happy to come and eat here again. It's an ideal place to come and eat in the city centre.

Pros: great taste, lots of vegan options, some glutenfree

Prime veggie choice - Edit

Roll for The Soul should be on every Bristol veggie's list of eateries.
They have a decent choice of vegan options including vegan desserts and you can't go wrong with their nut & lentil burger and chips!!
The atmosphere is chilled out and the bike theme they've got going on is cool and very Bristol-y. However last time I went the music was being played a little too loud so I couldn't hear what people were saying properly (then again I am a 90 year old in a 19 year old's body).
Anyway it remains a thoroughly good choice if you're stuck for a place to eat in the city centre!

Pros: Tasty health-concious food, Central

Cons: Smallish vegan choice

Really Nice Place - Edit

We ate here each morning before going to Temples festival for about 3-4 mornings. The food was consistently great, a good range to choose from (burgers, chilli, dal, wraps) the burgers and chips are really good, as is the salad (which they put some good effort into!). Really good food at a good price. Quite a few of the items were vegan or had vegan options if you asked.

Right-on eating experience - Edit

Roll for Soul is a very right-on eating experience, being a totally vegetarian cafe / restaurant and bike activist group and repair shop. I was there on a cold February Wednesday evening and it was pretty quiet. But that did not detract from the food which was filling and tasty: I had a lentil and nut burger, salad and stonking hot chips (covered in deelicious Aspall vinegar), followed by a slice of coffee and almond cake. Plus a fantastic Southville Hop pale ale by the Bristol Beer Factory: strong and flavoursome. Good honest and pretty cheap food, well worth seeking out and patronising - fully veggie places need the support. And don't forget your bike!
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 22, 2014

Pros: Fully veggie / vegan, Good honest food, Ethically committed

Cons: Food finishes early some nights, A bit earnest

Great cafe very central - Edit

Good range of drinks and cakes and small menu with good salad bar, not too expensive. Friendly staff, young founder/chef served food. I love the bike connection too, there's a workshop upstairs and they'll do repairs for you or show you how. Already feels like a really great Bristol place. Much-needed central veg*n cafe.

First visit I just had rooibos tea and cake with friends, second I tried the soul burger. I'll try the lentil and nut burger next time. The mezze looked great too.

Nice wooden tables, all very clean and bright with bikes and bits literally hanging around. Could do with softer lighting for later in the evening, it's all a bit white.

Pros: good food and drink, friendly staff, cic, central location

Return to Bristol Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Roll for the Soul closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3914 times since Aug 2013.