Roebuck Inn

Contact 01329832150

Droxford Rd, Kingsmead, Wickham, England, PO17 5AY

Serves meat, vegan options available. A general pub offering everyday food. With a change of owners came vegan choices. The wine, including sparkling and champagne, are vegan. On Sunday a vegan nut roast on a Sunday. During the week 2 or so main vegan dishes. The roast potatoes are cooked in oil and the gravy is vegan. Has vegan sausage. Kitchen keeps soya milk, vegan ice cream, vegan cream and custard for substitution. Sticky toffee pudding, chocolate brownie, and bread and butter pudding are all vegan. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, British, Non-veg

First Review by rebecca burke

Wonderfull vegan desserts - Edit

I went here today for sunday lunch. I had a delicious nut roast with loads of roast potatoes and parsnips. Followed by an utterly divine vegan brownie served warm with vegan ice cream. Most of the desserts were vegan and I have every intention of going back to try more, The portions were generous. Vegn cider was available and the pub is dog friendly.

Pros: Vegan Desserts, Large portions, Delicious nut roast

Cons: I can't think of any

Lovely pub with plenty of vegan/veggie options - Edit

I'd like to thank the Roebuck Inn for offering so many wonderful vegan options on their menu, and for offering great, filling, comfort food which so many places don't when it comes to a vegan option. At the time of writing there was a bread and hummus platter, soup of the day, mushroom and spinach pie and veggie burger with portobello mushroom and dairy free cheese slice on offer.. Not to mention that desserts. The brownie is vegan and there was another I can't remember all of which come with a choice of vegan ice cream, cream and vegan custard. How refreshing it is to sit in a lovely pub eating comfort food.. And it's vegan? All coffees, teas and hot chocolates come in with the option of being dairy free too. Great place, great decor, lovely atmosphere!

Pros: everything

Cons: not much I can think of!

Nice restaurant with tasty vegan options - Edit

This is a nice pub with a good atmosphere. The vegan options aren't marked on the menu but the staff were knowledgable and there were a few dishes to choose from. I went for a potato cake/pie served with a lentil stew and my only complaint was that it was so tasty and filling I really did not have room to try one of the desserts which are suitable for vegans.
This is a great option for those dining with non vegans. My husband had the fish board and said it was very tasty.

Lovely vegan friendly place - Edit

This was a lovely restaurant that I would thoroughly recommend. It is very hard as a vegan to find somewhere that doesn't just offer baked potato with beans and fruit for pudding, I want proper food, a gastro pub that is going to leave me stuffed and happy after eating. I had booked ahead and told them I was vegan and the owner had corresponded with me every step of the way, reassuring me everything would be. I had a lovely nutroast which was the best I have tasted anywhere, not straight from a packet but cooked fresh with a beautiful tofu topping.

There were 3 yes 3 options of vegan pudding, not to mention dairy free ice cream, soya cream and home made vegan custard. As you will see by the pictures anyone, vegan or omni would love it here. My parents are meat eaters and enjoyed their food, and I was able to dine in comfort.

It was the first time in ages I have been to a restaurant where I haven't had to constantly worry about what I was eating, or had to endure communication problems and mix ups over my food, the usual scenario of getting an order wrong or not telling me something had dairy in, I could fully relax here and not feel like a weirdo either. I have been to family meals before where everyone is sat eating huge dinners and naughty puddings, and all I have been able to eat is chips and salad.

Not all vegans are stereotypical grass eaters with small appetites. Also all the wine is vegan too including sparkling! The location is lovely right on the edge of the beautiful Forest of Bere in Wickham, wow! Lovely friendly staff, lovely owner, will be going back!

Pros: Knowledgable staff and chefs, Lovely location, Home cooked food

Return to Wickham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Roebuck Inn closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 822 times since Apr 2015.