Rodeo General Store

• Health Store
Contact 808-572-1868

3661 Baldwin Ave (at Maui), Makawao, Hawaii, USA, 96768

A moderate size market shop selling a range of products including local and imported fresh produce as well as packaged and dry food, chilled and frozen food, cold and hot deli food. Baked goods including vegan baked goods. Approximately 30-40% of the products are natural grocery while the rest are conventional brands.

First Review by SynthVegan

Yummy Treats in this Hidden Gem - Edit

When we entered this store to just buy a cup of coffee, we were pleasantly surprised with the wide range of organic and healthy treats they had to offer. The store was filled with healthy produce and products. Their vegan sandwiches and baked goods were delicious and the service was great! A quaint little store in trendy Makawao - don't miss it!

Pros: vegan baked goods

Good variety - Edit

I had been here once before on another trip to Maui. Came by again this trip, December 2012, and here's my Rodeo General Store review update.

Rodeo is a good size store located in the center of Makawao town where all the restaurants and shops are located. The store sells fresh produce, hot and cold prepared foods, a small range of healthier snacks and foods mixed in with conventional and non-veg products.

My first impression was much better than this second one. Previously the store had provided more healthy natural products and veg options. This time not so much, unfortunately. I had thought I could get a quick bite of something vegan from the deli, but nothing appealed.

It seemed like that the store now offers more meat stuff and had become less vegan friendly.

Pros: small stock of healthier products

Cons: more meat than before

Rodeo General Store - Edit

I stopped into Rodeo and felt it was smaller than other places. They carry a lot of typical vegetarian/vegan items, but the choices were limited. They also did not have the vegan baked goods (as advertised on their banner outside) the day I stopped in so I was slightly bummed about that. However, they did have a lilikoi coconut almond tapioca pudding that was pretty darn good! I'm a tapioca fanatic, so I was quite happy to find this.

Return to Makawao Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rodeo General Store closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 522 times since Apr 2010.