CLOSED: Rocky Mountain Chili Bowl

303-322-3009

7305 E 35th Ave Ste 130 (at Quebec Square at Stapeleton), Denver, Colorado, USA, 80238

Serves meat, vegan options available. The vegetarian chili, guacamole, and spuddie potatoes are vegan suitable. The mashed potatoes contain dairy. Customize your bowl by letting the staff know that you are vegan. Reported closed to HappyCow, Feb 2015.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Southwestern American, Non-veg

First Review by athoman

Good in an emergency - Edit

This place is a Mexican bowl restaurant. You choose from a list of "Specialty Bowls", of which, none are vegan, or you build your own. Choose your carb (white rice is the only vegan option), pick your beans (black or pinto are both vegan), and then choose from a list of "extras." Using the advice from the review below, I told them that I was vegan. The girl taking my order looked at the two other guys and asked them and both matter-of-factly declared that they don't have vegan. I then drilled into what was in the beans, chili, etc and established that they were vegan, but that the workers had no idea what vegan was. I then took them through the definition of vegan and explained what was vegan and not vegan. I then placed my order and then they asked if I wanted cheese on my bowl. :/

Anyway, the food was good and the prices are good, but I would definitely not go out of my way to eat here.

Love this place! - Edit

The I love the vegetarian green chili! You must try this place.

Pros: Huge portions, Friendly staff, Very tasty

Return to Denver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Rocky Mountain Chili Bowl closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.