CLOSED: Rocket Girl Treats

504-891-8333

5706 Magazine St (at Jefferson Ave), New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 70115

Vegan bakery/cafe offers doughnuts, cupcakes and savories, including raw soups and sandwiches. Has gluten free items as well. Public transit: Magazine Street RTA Bus and St Charles Streetcar. MAY 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED, looking for new location.

Category: Vegan, American, Raw, Delivery, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by JohnFord

AMAZING!!!! - Edit

As a longtime vegan recently diagnosed with Celiacs, it was AMAZING to be able to have her vegan gluten free donuts. I have 5 in 2 days....sooo good. Chocolate pecan, raspberry, strawberry....they were frosted deliciousness, i couldn't get enough.

I also brought my omnivore friend who was visiting, who had 4 vegan cupcakes in the 2 days she was there and loved them as well.

Adorable little shop, the owner is sooooo nice (since i told her i was coming back the next day she asked me what flavors of donuts i wanted!), you should definitely go satisfy your sweet tooth here!

Walked from the Bywater for soups & sandwiches - Edit

Too bad they list themselves as a restaurant, so, when you walk all the way from the bywater to see that it is in fact, not a restaurant, and they have only cupcakes, (they were out of their almost 4 dollar donuts.) Lol at the idea of spending close to 40 dollars on a dozen donuts. I support vegan business that are honest,.... Unfortunately this place smacks of hipster/vegan profiteering.

Also, when we asked,

"do you know of anything else that is vegan around here?"

"Um, whole foods?"

only to, after the fact, discover at least two other vegetarian/vegan places we saw in a ten block radius.

poor form.

Trust me, even though happy cow won't let me, this is only a 1 cow review.

Cons: only sugar, staff ignorant to other vegan options., high prices

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Rocket Girl Treats closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.