CLOSED: Rocket 88 Doughnuts

• Bakery Bakery

Contact 317-737-2614

874 Virginia Ave, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, 46203

This doughnut shop in the Fountain Square neighborhood uses natural and organic ingredients. Offer a few varieties of vegan doughnuts daily, typically includes a vegan yeast glazed. Has coffee, organic teas and juices. CONFIRMED CLOSED, NOV 2016. Open Tue-Fri 7:00am-2:00pm, Fri-Sat 6:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 8:00am-2:00pm, Sun 9:00am-1:00pm.

First Review by Cat Hair Day

beyond amazing! - Edit

Ok. i have not had a yeast, glazed doughnut since going vegan 3 years ago, so with that being said i was excited beyond words to be having one. These went above and beyond what i could have ever imagined. Perfect. Besides that, great service, great atmosphere, and all the other vegan doughnut offers they have are just extra pluses.

Pros: vegan doughnuts , vegan doughnuts , vegan doughnuts

Cons: none at all

Vegan Donuts. nuff said. - Edit

Amazing service, great donuts. I've never had a stale donut from here no matter what time I come in. They're always fresh. I wish they had more vegan flavors, but hopefully they'll expand their vegan selection now that I've been buying them every week. Haha!
I also had their vegan breakfast sandwich, which was on a toasted plain donut. It was fantastic.
Coffee and lattes are great too!

Best doughnuts I've ever had! - Edit

The vegan doughnuts are AMAZING! I haven't had doughnuts since going vegan a few years ago and these were worth the wait! I had the maple pecan, cinnamon sugar, and mixed berry doughnut and each one was SO good! The wait in line was pretty long, but I understand why with how good this place is. I just took them to go as it was super busy inside, too. These were the best doughnuts I've ever had!

Pros: Best doughnuts I've ever had, Variety, Many vegan options

Cons: Long wait, Slow service, Unorganized

Delicious vegan doughnuts in a great neighborhood - Edit

Delicious vegan doughnuts and a friendly staff in a great neighborhood. They typically offer at least 3-5 vegan options daily.

Pros: multiple vegan options daily, neighborhood

Cons: may run out on busy days

The Catnip Diaries - Rocket 88 Doughnuts - Edit

Cat Hair Day loves to go out on dates. Nat is vegan, so we are limited to where we can go out to, but that’s part of the fun – finding vegan-friendly places to eat in Indy. And trust us, we don’t starve! Luckily we can get our vegan sweets-fix because Rocket 88 Doughnuts exists!

Rocket 88 Doughnuts is located in Fountain Square. It is one of the newest doughnut shops in Indy. On our first trip to Rocket 88, they only had two vegan options. The past few times we stopped by, they had 4 – 5 vegan options!

We got the Double Toasted Coconut, Cinnamon Sugar, Blood Orange Glazed, and Maple Pecan vegan doughnuts. Trust us, they are all delicious – especially the Cinnamon Sugar and Maple Pecan! They also offer a variety of coffee drinks with almond and soy milk as alternatives.

Time to Rate

Vegan Friendly: 4/5
-almost half of the options were vegan
-more than one non-dairy milk alternative

Tastiness: 5/5
-all of the doughnuts ruled
-everything is made fresh
-the vegan doughnuts could fool a non-vegan
-plates were licked clean!

Decor: 4/5 (Nat); 3/5 (Amy)
-cool doughnut-themed artwork, but placed randomly
-there is a lot of blank space on the walls
-seems to be under construction still and not quite fully decorated

Staff Friendliness: 5/5
-the staff is super friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic

Cost: $$$

-average price for vegan doughnuts (and worth it!), but there are definitely more affordable options for non-vegan donuts at other places

Overall Feeling: 5/5
-great atmosphere
-vegan-friendly
-delicious doughnuts and lattes
-nice variety of vegan and non-vegan options
-recycling and compost on site

Overall Rating: 4/5
-with a little work on the decor it could easily be a 4.5

Nat+Amy
Cat Hair Day
Cathairday.com

Return to Indianapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Rocket 88 Doughnuts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.