RizRaz - Kompagnistraede

Kompagnistraede 20 (at Knabrostraede), Copenhagen, Denmark, 1208

Serves meat, vegan options available. Busy restaurant in the city centre offering an all-you-can eat vegetarian buffet for lunch and dinner everyday. The veggie buffet includes a large variety of cold salad dishes and hot main dishes, both vegetarian and vegan. Also has an la carte menu which is not veg. Dine inside in the warmly lit rooms or outside on the sidewalk. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 11:30am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Buffet, Beer/Wine, European, Danish, Non-veg

First Review by Stevie

Another of my favorite - Edit

I was there in 2006 and I really enjoyed the meals because there is a lot of healthy choices for a good price.
I went there many times, because the location is great right in the core of Copenhagen.
In the summer, it is great to sit outside because it is a pedestrian street with bicycles.
So we can enjoy the Danish beauties while enjoying an excellent meal.

Pros: Location, Patio, Choices

Thanks for the buffet - Edit

RizRaz has such a good concept! Their brunch is delightful with written signs on wether or not your chosen food item is vegan, gluten free etc. I earnestly could not stop refilling my plate! That is how good their food was.. So I left that pacer more than fulfilled ? I definitely recommend you trying this place - with surprisingly low prices and care for well tasting food.

Sincerely
Johanne Jeppesen

Pros: Good vegan food - buffet, Low prices, Their beetroot hummus!!

Cons: I was scepticle about the place at first from , The look of it. , I accidentally ate too much :)

Good buffé and lots of space - Edit

The buffé is marked what is vegan and what is vegetarian so it's easy to choose. Furthermore the place is big and the opening hours long which makes it a good place when most other places have closed.
The minus is that its not veg*n and that for vegans the buffé is a bit standard falafel, hummus and salad which means it's not the place you return to everyday..

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-01

Pros: The vegan options taste good, opening hours and lots of space

Cons: Not veg*an, Expensive for what you get as vegan

Pricey but Very Good - Edit

It was a bit more expensive than I wanted, but the lunchtime green buffet was delicious! It's all vegan, and they do a good job of labeling vegan items. Everything tasted fresh and was seasoned wonderfully!

Pros: All-you-can-eat, Venue, 100% Vegetarian

Cons: Expensive, Lunch-only

Great selection - Edit

I visited this adorable restaurant in the city centre after a terrible journey and it really cheered me up. The staff and friendly and there is a great selection of food in the buffet.

Pros: Great selection, Vegan items clearly labelled

Cons: Can only really eat from buffet

5 Stars (from a vegan) - Edit

This place was great!!! I don't know why it only has 3 stars. I am a vegan and went to the lunch buffet for 89 kr, cheap for Copenhagen! I could eat lots, I ate hummus, falafel, fresh pita, carrot salad, potato salad, Apple salad, rice salad, and more! Would go back if I wasn't leaving today

Pros: affordable, lots of vegan options, fresh food

Nothing special - Edit

Green buffet is ok for vegetarian. A few salads were vegan. No beans or lentils. There were not good warm vegetarian dishes. Only pizza with cheese, falafels and lasagna so I passed those.
It was not pleasant sit inside because there cigarette smell from outside.

Cons: Lack of vegan proteins in the salad buffet, No good warm dishes

only 1 dish from buffe is vegan - Edit

just vegetrian, not for vegan at all

Nice buffet - Edit

Good food for fair value. Easy fill up on different vegan and vegetarian dishes in their all you can eat buffet.

Pros: good value, buffet

Good place to fill up - Edit

Went there for the lunch buffet. After asking which of the buffet items were vegan, they got a list and showed me. Very professional, I have just no idea why they wouldn't put up signs.

I could have several of the salads, falafel balls, bread and hummus. Everything was very tasty, but the falafel balls in hummus are just to die for! Totally worth it just for that.

The prices for drinks are way to high in my book though.

Pros: Great tasting food, Tell you what is vegan

Cons: Too expensive

All You Can Eat Healthy Vegan Food - Edit

I visited RizRaz (both locations) three times in total during my visit in Copenhagen. I did the vegetarian buffet each time. The options were identical. The staff was friendly when we inquired over which items on the buffet were vegan; nearly all of them were. The food was fantastic. Couscous salad, beet salad, steamed veggies, falafel balls, warm pita bread, fresh green salad, pasta, potatoes with rosemary and more. I overate all three times due to its deliciousness. Highly recommended.

Pros: Large vegan selection, Friendly staff, Healthy

Mixed feelings - Edit

This is the first place I've ever eaten where I've been charged for tap water (20 DKK for a 1,5 litre bottle). I would've liked clear labels by each dish to know what they contained, as there are a number of foods I'm sensitive to. The chef seemed to know e.g. what dishes contained onions, but they could at least have labels for what's vegan. (They almost looked surprised when my boyfriend asked, as if they weren't sure what it meant.)

Pros: Central, Fairly good value

Cons: No labels with ingredients, Charges for tap water!?

Good buffet - Edit

We went here for the vegetarian evening buffet which included a variety of salad, roasted vegetables and bread - most of which tasted really good. We enjoyed it and would go back.

Pros: big variety, good value

Cons: limited vegan options

Too expensive and ordinary - Edit

I had sought out RizRaz as a place to get a good veggie feed for less. The reality was a little disappointing. It had a nice selection of food but the evening buffet price was so expensive and I never felt like I got my value. The service was nice enough but there was no atmosphere in the place and I just left feeling underwhelmed.

Pros: Nice selection of veggie food

Cons: Expensive, Poor atmosphere, Crowded

Central and substantial - Edit

We ate well here, filling our plates with falafels (crisp and crunchy), potatoes, lasagna (stodgy), and an enormous choice of salads and breads which meant we didn't try everything. Half a litre of wine cost as much as the buffet, but wine comes with free water (a Copenhagen quirk). Having read other reviews, we were surprised how little dairy there was. We were pleased to eat here because it's central, reliable and easy to find.

Pros: Choice, Eat as much as you can!, Central location

Cons: You wouldn't want to eat there every day, Expensive drinks

Needs some changes - Edit

First of all, if you go here, go for the buffet. The a la carte meals are expensive, boring and hard to make vegan, so i won't talk more about that in this review. I'd also suggest you check out their website for their different hours (lunch is way cheaper than a visit in the evening), and since i've never been here for dinner but only for late-afternoon food/lunch, i won't talk about that either.

When it comes to the afternoon buffet, this place is close to being the perfect solution for those who want to eat a place where both carnivores and vegetarians/vegans can find a good meal. But for some reason, who knows why, the place seems to pour milk and cheese on everything, making things difficult for vegans. That being said there's still some good things to choose from; hummus, falafels, bread, salads (there's many different kinds, but often there's dairy products all over them), potatoes etc. I'd say there's around 5 different dishes to choose from as a vegan - not a lot considering a total of around 20 dishes. And here's the problem: the vegan dishes never change. Seriously, i've been here maybe five times during the last couple of years and i've never seen changes.

Another thing worth noting is, that the staff works for a really lousy wage and they don't have a real union. And that doesn't make the food taste better :-/

All of that being said, it's a good place to go with your meat-eating friends. Especially if you're a vegetarian. But if you're a vegan, expect disappointment.

Pros: Good for vegetarians, Family friendly, Location (for tourists)

Cons: Boring, Lack of vegan options, Staff

Marie-Jeanne 29 Mar 2017 - But it is a better solution than Mc Donald around the corner ; when a soul is starving for vege food...
I am sure they are trying hard to stay alive (you know rent and taxes)...
As vegetarian we still are a low economic impact but soon it will be changing
But at that moment and at the time I was pleased with that place...
But I clearly understand your points of vue... and agree with them...
Every restaurant should clearly show the ingredients ; the way it is cook, conservation, the way it has been grown, etc, ... good bye

NOT vegan friendly - Edit

Only had lettuce and potatoes. Almost every dish contained dairy. If your looking for a vegan meal go elsewhere. It is a buffet and may have different items on different days so you may have better luck than me

Pros: it looked good

Cons: nothing vegan!

really cheap, eatable - Edit

It's nice. Very cheap, staff not so bad as we saw. Used to go there every day during a week. Best choice for vegetarian who has problems with money.
Water is a bit expensive. We used to fill our bottle with it, because the jar they brought is too big for us.

Pros: cheap

Cons: few dishes, bad lasagna

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has RizRaz - Kompagnistraede closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.