Riverwest Co-op Grocery

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 414-264-7933

733 E Clarke St (at Fratney), Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA, 53212

Community-based, member-owned, volunteer-run, not-for-profit natural foods grocery store and cafe that is open to the public. Carries all organic produce, a wide selection of vegetarian and vegan groceries, bulk foods, pet food, child care, health and beauty, locally produced soaps, crafts and candles. Cafe is serves vegetarian and vegan foods. Parking available. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-8:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-8:00pm.

First Review by SynthVegan

One of Milwaukee's best kept secrets - Edit

Never mind the nice little health food store, this listing should under Restaurants, because inside that nice little health food store is a great, but even smaller, cafe. It only seats about 10 people, so much of it's business is carry-out. Tucked away in a residential neighborhood, the residents have a gold mine of great mostly vegan comfort food. Visiting from Detroit, my friend and I ate there 3 times in 3 days. Everything was the best. One of the rare times that I will give 5 cows to a restaurant that isn't 100% vegan.

Contributions +501

A Great Little Market - Edit

We've been members of the Riverwest Co-Op for a few years and between the cafe & market, it's definitely worth the membership fee. It's a small market but they carry a lot of variety in it. The prices are often a little cheaper than other places, plus you get 5% off of everything is you're a member. The staff is always friendly and it's well stocked. A nice little produce section, as well.

Pros: Good variety, Great prices, Friendly staff

Great neighborhood co-op - Edit

Don't drive here expecting a Whole Foods or Outpost, Riverwest is a very small, almost convenience store sized health food store. That being said, its still a wonderful place, where we were able to grab a few extra snacks for the road. They have a little bit of everything and a frozen section, too. You can do the tour in about 15 paces, but what they have is superb.

Pros: cosey neighborhood mart

Good Store, Nice People, and Fair Prices. - Edit

When I stopped at the Riverwest Co-op Café, I also picked up some snacks and a few other items at the Riverwest Co-op Grocery, which is the next room over. Anyway, they had a good snack and food selection [I had to check the whole store out ;)]. I felt that their prices were fair and that the people who work there were friendly and helpful, as I talked to them about Vegan things. I wish there was a place like this by my house!

Return to Milwaukee Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Riverwest Co-op Grocery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.