River's End Restaurant

Contact 888-905-7238

13077 W Hwy 19, Bryson City, North Carolina, USA, 28713

Serves meat, vegan options available. Charming decor, on the Nantahala river, part of the Nantahala outdoor center. A few veg choices and substitution possibilities. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by veggiespecial

Vegan options riverside! - Edit

Like the other reviewer said, it was a relief to have vegan options at NOC. They have a homemade vegan white bean burger that was pretty good, as well as a rice and veggie "sherpa" dish. It was lovely to sit outside next to river, and I was very happy that there was a filling vegan option. Also, their fries and tater tots were great. This is the kind of place where you're paying for the view more than the food, but it was worth it. Also, the staff were really kind.

Since I was here all day, I was also pleased to find a vegan option (other than salad) on the other side of the river at the Wesser BBQ & Grill, the snack bar-style outdoor restaurant also part of the outdoor center. I had a veggie and hummus wrap, which wasn't special but did the trick.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-18

Pros: Riverside, Homemade veggie burger, Friendly staff

Cons: Bit of a wait, but totally expected

Riverside Dining - Edit

What a relief it was to find this restaurant. I love the Smoky Mountains and Nantahala River area, but dining options are very limited for vegans and vegetarians. I am a vegan and my husband is a vegetarian, and we were very pleasantly surprised to find several vegan and vegetarian options on the menu. Our server was also very accommodating in making sure our meals were vegan-friendly. The food was very good, and the view of the Nantahala River was beautiful.

Pros: great staff, many food options

Return to Bryson City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has River's End Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.