Riverdel

Contact 718-928-7702

820 Washington Ave, Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11238

Vegan cheese shop offering dairy-free cheese, non-dairy yogurt, and nut milk varieties. Some are made in-house. Added sandwiches and snacks to its offering. Opened since 2015. Open Tue-Fri 11:30am-8:00pm, Sat 10:00am-8:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Carlyjeg

I love this place - Edit

A local vegan "cheese" shop! They carry my favorite Miyoko cheeses, but better yet are their house made "goat cheese" rolled in cracked black pepper or herbs. I love their sandwiches too. Barely seating though, so best to order to go. More of a general local grocery store with deli counter for vegans. Super friendly.

Pros: great vegan cheese selection, only place I've been able to find vegan Worcester

Cons: not enough seating to eat in

I Love This Place! - Edit

I love this vegan cheese shop! I had found no where in the USA which sells all of the best vegan artisan cheeses in the USA until now. Riverdel is a beautiful small store with loads of superb products. I had a vegan cheese sample platter (wow!!!) with some of the most delicious vegan cheese I have ever tasted, and also couldn't resist ordering their vegan meatballs which are also incredible.

I bought a bunch of snacks for my plane ride home tomorrow including some coconut vegan yogurt, raw crackers, and some gourmet vegan chocolates.

The owner and her husband were very helpful and made my first experience in this shop a perfect one.

I highly recommend Riverdel.

Pros: Excellent vegan cheese!, High quality products

Some of the best cheeses ever! - Edit

The cheese that Riverdel makes is some of the best vegan cheese I have had hands down. They have a lot of other cheeses here and some of them are great too and they always let you try everything out so check out what you might want and then get it. Also the grilled cheese sandwiches are amazing. Great place to get a good lunch and transform your non vegan friends into believers. Also not as expensive as some other reviewer claims. Cheese from anywhere can cost $6-9 a block. Its hand made nut cheese! Not kraft.

Pros: Riverdel brand cheese is some of the best, Big variety, Great sandwiches

Large selection of artisan vegan cheese - Edit

Very large selection of vegan cheeses by local companies, including Riverdel. Also nice selection of baked goods (I purchased a scone and a cheese croissant, and both were delicious). It's unfortunate that the selections are pricey compared to dairy cheese, which is heavily subsidized by taxpayers. Until that changes, these foods are still luxuries for those that can afford to splurge.

Pros: large selection, fresh baked goods

Cons: a little pricey, no seating available

What a gem - vegan cheese heaven - Edit

This place is great. I have a hard time finding great tasting vegan cheese and they are all here. All the hard to find cheeses, including some made in house or just for the shop. We got to sample a few before buying. It was lovely to compare all the wonderful cheeses - almost made it harder to choose. In addition to the cheese, they can make some sandwiches and have fixings for your next cheese party (jams, mustard, breads, etc). Highly recommended.

Pros: All the vegan cheeses!

Cons: Pricy

Vegan Cheese Heaven! - Edit

Riverdel is a quaint little vegan cheese and goods shop with a small assortment of mostly sandwiches that you can eat in or take out. There are only 3 bar style seats so be aware of that if you are planning on eating in. The selection of vegan cheese they offer is out of this world and yes, it is a little pricey but if you buy vegan cheese you know it usually isn't the cheapest of items to purchase! They have a huge selection of items considering the size of the space and the people who work there are more than happy to answer whatever questions you might have. They actually came out with a sampler plater for me and my guests to try some of the cheeses they offered. I definitely plan on coming back and enjoying a sandwich next time along with my shopping. I think Riverdel is a true gem!

Delicious Sandwiches, High Quality products - Edit

This place is a gem. The sandwich menu is small but everything is fantastic and can be purchased cold to go or hot off the panini press. The cheese selection is unrivaled in nyc. they make their own cashew based cheese but they also still cheeses from all over the United States... Miyokos, Dr. Cow, Punk Rawk Labs, Treeline, etc. etc. In addition to the fancy artisinal nut cheeses, you can also find offerings from Follow Your Heart and Field Roast (Chao!). Besides cheeses, they sell seitan, yogurt, sweets, pasta and sauce, condiments, etc. The space is beautiful and the staff is happy and helpful. Everything they sell is vegan!!

Pros: So many great, hard to find vegan products! Hot sa

Very small and very expensive - Edit

It's like all the vegan products you every wanted but couldn't see yourself splurging on are for sale here. I mean 9 bucks for a small jar of vegan vodka sauce? The prices are outrageous and the first time I was there they made my sandwich wrong and I had to go back and have them make it again. I got lucky by checking in the car prior to heading home to coney island. They have a good variety of cheese, but it's way to expensive to buy more than one or two to try out. All in all, won't be going back.

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Riverdel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.