River Kwai Thai and Burmese

3/1310 Centre Rd, Clayton South, Victoria, 3169

Serves meat, vegan options available. Burmese and Thai food menu. Some dishes come with choice of tofu. Kitchen makes the vegetarian dishes without fish, shrimp, or oyster sauce. Could request to omit egg. Open Mon-Sun 5:30pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Burmese, Non-veg

First Review by chocoholicPhilosophe

Yum! - Edit

I went here once and really enjoyed it and will come back. I was taken here by an omni who said they really enjoyed it and knew it had vegan options.
Staff knew what vegan was.
Tom Kha soup was delicious!

Pros: Staff knew what vegan was but you need to specify , Tasty food, Free welcome veg crackers & peanut sauce

Cons: Vegan options should be clearly labelled, Should have vegan menu

Good Thai with lots of genuine veg options - Edit

I go here pretty regularly. It's great to have a Thai restaurant where I know that the tofu dishes are going to be free of fish/oyster sauce or shrimp without me having to query wait staff through a language barrier. The coconut rice is amazing, with chunks of coconut flesh in it, and I have confirmed it to be dairy free. Also has the advantage that I can go here and have lots of options, without causing resentment from omnivorous family/friends.

The food is consistently very good, though it's not the best Thai I've ever had, and the atmosphere is friendly. Beware that if you eat in, you will be given a free appetizer, and it probably won't be veg - you may want to ask that they don't bring it.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 16, 2014

Pros: Pleasant atmosphere, Lots of veg options

Cons: Spring rolls and curry puffs have egg, A bit expensive for Thai

Return to Clayton South Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has River Kwai Thai and Burmese closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.