First Review by alexlola

Okay, no more - Edit

I went there 2 times because they were the only vegan-friendly restaurant in the zone open in the night. I think they may have improved their service quality if I compare with the experiences below).
The set menu isn't vegan but they adapted it for us each time (maybe speaking Spanish helped a lot in this). It costs $4000-4500 (depending if it for lunch or dinner) and includes a starter, a main course, a glass of ginger pisco sour, and a glass of wine or juice + bread and pebre, like everywhere. Given that we wanted a vegan adaptation they gave us more snacks.
The price may seem a bit expansive, but given that they offer the wine and the pisco, I think it's okay.
A good option if you stay in the Cerro Concepción / Cerro Alegre zone.

Pros: Opens till late in the night

Cons: You have to ask for a vegan version

This is not a vegetarian place - Edit

I recent went here after looking on happycow for vege restaurants. There was some confusion when ordering (my lack of Spanish is to blame) so I ordered the set menu which I had seen advertised outside. This was pasta - when it was delievered it came with prawns so I had to leave it. The place is more like a bar with fridges for food in the restaurant area. I didn`t go back.

Not for vegans - Edit

I went to Ritual Resto Bar on a recent trip to Valparaiso and after spending a week in Chile, was desperate for a good vegan meal. I went in to check out the menu and it appeared that there were multiple vegetarian items on the menu, but none vegan... or even really vegan friendly. With no other options to go to since restaurants in Chile close on unusual days, I decided to stay. After a long and confusing conversation, I ordered the pizza with no cheese with vegan "chicken". I don't know how often people order food in this place as it seems to be mostly a bar, but they didn't appear to have any ingredients for the meal as I saw the cook leave and return 30 minutes later with a bag of groceries. We both tried to order drinks, but all of the liquor bottles but one was empty. The pizza finally arrived and was comprised of a pre-packaged Bimbo crust, tomato paste, and hydrated TVP. This "pizza" (which came served on a broken tile), was one of the nastiest things I have ever eaten, and costs more than a real vegan pizza in LA twice its size. If you're a vegetarian then you might have some luck with their items even though I doubt they could be much better. If you're vegan- do not waste your time and money here.

Pros: Location

Cons: Ingredients, Taste, Food

Return to Valparaiso Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ritual Resto Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.