Rita's Cafe and Taqueria

Contact 707-476-8565

427 W Harris, Eureka, California, USA, 95503

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a selection of vegetarian items including enchiladas, tacos, burritos, tortas, and tostadas -- with tofu, spinach, black beans, and pinto beans. Vegans need to specify.

Category: Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by AllenPetersen

Good Mexican Food - Edit

Pretty good Mexican food with a few vegan options on the menu. Staff is more than accommodating and understanding of a vegan diet. Was very busy with I stopped here, but the service was still on par and quick. Nothing spectacular, but definitely good!

Pros: quick, accommodating staff, vegan options

Nice vegan options - Edit

Came here for lunch while on a roadtrip. I got the vegan tofu chorizo burrito which was fairly large but tasty! The only downside was that it was a bit dry, but putting some salsa on it solves that. This place is great for eating out with Omni's because of the vegan options.

Mediocre - greasy and unhealthy” - Edit

We found this restaurant in Happy Cow because we were trying to find anything vegetarian in the town of Eureka on our recent road trip. The restaurant is in a shady section of town. The service was poor. The food was okay - overpriced and pretty unhealthy. Their portions were very large - so be prepared to share if you are a small eater. They did a wide selection of veg options. But everything was oily, overcooked and too cheesy. We also noticed that everyone eating here seemed to be pretty overweight. I wouldn't go back. The decor and music were both loud! Let's say I was happy to leave when my meal was over.

Favorite Restaurant in town!! - Edit

This is one of the only places in town I go out to eat out I'm a vegan and I can order a number of things on the menu, because they do not put animal products in their beans, rice or tortillas. This is the best location in town for Ritas, the nicest staff, and best food. Always a great, filling meal!!!!

good food - Edit

I really liked this place I also ordered the vegan chorizo burrito and I didn't know if I was going to like it because I am picky when it. Comes to tofu but it was really flavorful and a good size burrito the chips and salsa where also good this place is a must especially if you are with meat eater's they will like it as well

Delicious - Edit

A delicious treat in Eureka. I had the tofu chorizo burrito. Not only was the burrito as big as your head, it was very tasty and was served with fresh chips and salsa. The service was slow but very friendly. The atmosphere was cheerful and festive.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value, Large Portions

Cons: Slow Service, A little loud

Chorizo tofu burrito and Super Burrito with spinac - Edit

We visited Eureka and chose Rita's for dinner.
We received a friendly greeting and the menu. When we asked for the ice water to be replaced with water, no ice, it was done cheerfully. We chose among the several vegetarian items and I found my burrito enough food for 2 sittings. My wife took half of her order to go. The house red wine was perfect

Pros: cheerful friendly service, prompt food delivery

Cons: squalling child at next table

Yum! - Edit

Excellent free chips and salsa. I ordered the Vegan Chorizo Tofu Burrito (seasoned tofu, pico de gallo, guacamole, rice, pinto beans, cabbage and whole wheat tortilla) and it was DELICIOUS! I went around 3pm and the place wasn't packed, but that's probably because it was an odd time. The interior was bright and cheery. Great service.

Pros: Substitute Tofu in many items, Good service, Free chips and salsa

Return to Eureka Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rita's Cafe and Taqueria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1610 times since Aug 2007.