First Review by lalunanelbosco

nice place to eat - Edit

Very cozy place to eat, the terrace is a bit uncomfortable - but this is more due to the surrounding than to the restaurant itself.

Nice and small selection of foods, all looking good.
The Moussaka was delicious, the dessert as well (puff pastry with cream and strawberries).

Nice and friendly service as well.

Pros: good food selection, quick, nice service

Cons: terrace a bit uncomfortable (just a bit)

Vegan Island In North Tuscany - Edit

A real italian style dinner - all Vegan. Several options for antipasti, primi and secondo piatti, salads and of course desert. Eating dinner one day and returning for lunch the other day - we havent been able to try it all. Pitagora offers a variety of creative cookings. Especially the pasta and crespelle made us very happy.

Surprise to find - Edit

I recently spent 6 weeks in Marina Di Massa, or Massa, for work. Coming over from Australia I wasn't expecting to get to a town of this relatively small size and find that there was a vegan restaurant literally 2 blocks from my hotel. I ate there 2-3 times per week (though could easily have gone more often). The menu isn't particularly extensive. There's one Appetizer, 4 Entrees, 4 Main Meals and a few salads, with a majority of the meals being very much based on tofu or seitan. The menu changes with the seasons (I was here in Autumn). I quickly learnt that you don't need 3 courses to leave feeling satisfied as the meals are a very reasonable size and more than reasonable price. What they lacked in variety, they quickly made up for in flavour. I can't honestly say I had a single meal there which was anything but fantastic.
The waitress' didn't speak a great deal of English, but as I was a regular we have a bit of "point at the menu and try pronounce the word" relationship, though the chef speaks reasonable English and is always more than happy to come out and answer/explain any queries you may have.

Pros: Lots of flavour, Large portions/small cost

Ok - Edit

It's a vegetarian restaurant with several vegan options. The food is nice, but in my opinion it is too seitan/tofu based and the food is not organic. We have so many vegan recipes in Italy that we should propose in such restaurants, also because people are going to think that vegan means only strange ingredients coming from the Far East culture. Anyway, try it, it is worth a visit!

Pros: Nice food, Nice cozy place

Cons: Not organic, Too much seitan/tofu based

I've found "home" - Edit

I've been looking for a good veg restaurant in my area for quite a long time. Italy is not rich in veg*an restaurants and the few I've tried are usually quite expensive and make you feel still hungry when you leave because of the small servings. When I finally found "Pitagora" I felt like a won the lottery! :) The food is delicious, they could even make me change my mind about seitan: I had never liked it much and now I love it!! Most food is actually vegan. Courses are generous and a side dish is always included (salad/potatoes). The staff is nice and friendly. We drive for almost 1 hour and half from home to get there, but it's worth the trip!!

Pros: generous servings, rather cheap prices, delicious food

Return to Massa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Ristorante Vegetariano Pitagora closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1497 times since Sep 2010.