Ristorante Lucia

401-846-4477

186B-190B Thames St (at Cotton Ct), Newport, Rhode Island, USA, 02840

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian food restaurant with a vegetarian section that includes various appetizers, entrees, and pizzas; has a baked seitan slices dish called seitan saporito. Open Mon-Tue 12:00pm-3:30pm, Mon-Tue 5:30pm-10:00pm, Thu 12:00pm-3:30pm, Thu 5:30pm-10:00pm, Fri 12:00pm-3:30pm, Fri 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by waigorrun

Excellent vegan Italian dinner - Edit

We were thrilled with our dinner at Lucia from start to finish. It has a charming and romantic atmosphere. Our server, Cheryl, was attentive without hovering and very pleasant/helpful.

There are two pages of vegetarian items (appetizers/salad on one page and entrees on the other). Most can be converted to vegan. We were thrilled to have CHOICES!

The fresh hot bread that we dipped in EVOO was amazing. We split the Seitan al Madeira and the Penne Mamma Afra (hold the goat cheese). Both were flavorful and undeniably excellent. The portion sizes were very satisfying and appropriate.

We finished with mango sorbet served in a frozen 1/2 mango shell. It was beautifully presented and delicious.

I highly recommend you check this place out when you are in Newport.

Pros: delicious vegan choices, offers traditional meat items for non-vegetarians, romantic

Cons: I don't live nearby!

the Seitan plate was excellent - Edit

The restaurant menu has one vegetarian page, mostly lactoovo, but Seitan is vegan

Very good! - Edit

First the service was excellent and the atmosphere was good as well. Wonderful Vegetarian menu, easily modified to be vegan, just ask for no cheese, not an issue.

very good vegetarian Italian food - Edit

I was very pleasantly surprised. The food is excellent. There is a mix of vegetarian and vegan food, along with nonveg dishes as well. The decor is pleasing and comfortable. The service is very good and friendly. I definitely recommend Lucia's.

Return to Newport Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ristorante Lucia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.