CLOSED: Risto Mensa - Ristorante di Stazione

( 1 review )

behind Corso Vittorio Emanuele (at /enter from train station), Salerno, Italy

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafeteria-style restaurant, so you can see what there is to eat. Atmosphere is basic. Pizza is made with vegan dough, and you could choose vegetable toppings. Try the marinara pizza. Also has salads and other vegetable dishes. Also known as Risto Risto. Located next to the station. Reported closed, Sep 2017.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Marco Vegano

Odd location but more than worth it! - Edit

This place is located so off the beaten path that nobody really knows about it unless they live or work in Salerno. You have to enter by walking through the train station, along one of the platforms, out the other side, and through a parking lot - and then you find it by walking down the ramp of a large building. It's a pretty big place, though it's well-hidden.

It's sort of a cafeteria and sort of a restaurant (hence the name Risto Mensa).

My wife and I sat outside on their patio which is by the entrance. Not much of a view, but they do their best to make the patio look decent.

The pizzas here are incredible. This whole region is the birthplace of pizza, so it's no surprise that they know what they're doing. For an excellent vegan pizza, make sure to include one or two flavourful toppings like marinated artichokes or black olives. Let them walk you through the other toppings. Of all the places to have vegan pizza in Italy (all vegan), this was my favourite.

There were several other types of side dishes, mixed salads, and fruit dishes to accompany the pizza. We loved it so much that we went back the next day.

You would think my favourite pizza place in Italy was expensive, but it was the most inexpensive eatery we found in all of Italy. Excellent value! I wish this place was here in my own city.

Pros: best pizza I ate in all of Italy, really inexpensive

Cons: hard to find the place

Return to Salerno Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Risto Mensa - Ristorante di Stazione closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.