Rising Star Cafe

Contact 503-368-3990

92 Rorvik St, Wheeler, Oregon, USA, 97147

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small, cozy place right off Highway 101. Large tea menu, a couple vegetarian suitable choices - vegans to specify. The veg items are less expensive than the meats.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

First Review by leaf_eater

nice find - Edit

It's hard to find veg options along the coast and especially in a tiny coastal town. we popped in here for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. the food was prepared quickly, they easily made adjustments for both vegan and vegetarian meals, staff were friendly and seemed knowledgeable. the prices were a bit high I thought, but it wouldn't discourage me from coming back. overall a tasty meal.

Pros: outdoor seating was nice if the weather permits. e

Cons: a bit pricey

Coastal Find - Edit

As vegan travelers know, the Oregon coast can be disappointing for vegan dining out options so I was pleasantly surprised when a friend suggested we try the Rising Sun Cafe in Wheeler. The very friendly person we asked about vegan options said the rice noodle dishes (there were 3) were vegan by default and meat and/or dairy could be left off of a few other pasta dishes. She said "we just need to let chef know". I chose the Red curry rice noodles and enjoyed it very much. It was a nice sized portion, with a perfect hint of spicy heat to it, it topped with a heap of veggies including green beans and snap peas that made it seem a bit more substantial. They have an extensive tea and spirits menu but we stuck to ice water which was plentiful and tasteless like good water should be. My friend had a non-veg sandwich that came with a nice big salad and some tasty looking fried potatoes (I didn't try them as I wasn't sure if they were vegan or not). The waitress called me "my vegan friend" when serving our table which I thought was very sweet of her.

Pros: Friendly, Right off Hwy 101, Fresh and tasty food

Cons: Limited vegan choices, Only a few tables

Return to Wheeler Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rising Star Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 748 times since Mar 2013.