Rising Hearts Bakery

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan
310-815-1800

10836 1/2 Washington Blvd, Culver City, California, USA, 90232

Gluten-free and vegan bakery by the owners of Follow Your Heart restaurant in Canoga Park. Makes daily bakery treats, and fresh breads on weekdays. Accepts custom orders. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

First Review by Veganunicorn

Delicious Gluten-Free and Vegan Desserts - Edit

Vegan & Gluten-Free & Tasty!!!!! Everything we tried was amazing!!! From the lemon bars to the cupcakes to the cookies and more - all were tasty, fresh, and well worth the drive to the bakery!

Pros: Vegan, Gluten-free, Amazing taste

Cons: expensive , only one location, not low fat

Photo of Rising Hearts Bakery  by <a href="/members/profile/serenacarey">serenacarey</a> <br/>cupcakes- blueberry pancake, key lime, chocolate, chocolate coconut  <br/> July 11, 2017  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/44292/279285'>Report</a>

cupcakes- blueberry pancake, key lime, chocolate, ...

Small shop big variety - Edit

Was here this week for the first time and picked up cupcakes and cookies to try. Here's my Rising Hearts Bakery review.

It's a tiny little shop that's easily missed from the street if you are not looking for it. There's metered parking in front.

We stopped in for a quick look and was impressed by the range of goodies: cookies, cupcakes, bars, cheesecakes, and a freezer of breads and scones.

Tried the chocolate cupcake with raspberry frosting, plain bagel, and chocolate chip cookies. Pretty good. The sweets were a bit sugary for my personal liking but good nonetheless.

Would definitely return for any future custom cake needs. Great to have such a place - a gem!

Pros: all vegan

Scones, cookies and cookie sandwiches, yay! - Edit

This place is heartwarmingly small, with little samples at the counter of some pretty impressive brioche bread. The blueberry scones are TO DIE FOR--which is a huge deal for me to say, as both my partner and I are pretty staunchly bothered by anything vegan that is almost obligatorily also gluten-free in Los Angeles (as if I became vegan because I was obviously orthorexic...but I digress). Literally some of the best scones I have had as a vegan. The chocolate chip cookies are also amazing, and their chocolate chip cookie sandwich is stellar. I'd veer away from the focaccia-esque bread, as it's pretty spongy and "squeaky" (I think this is because of the gluten-free batter they use). But their bagels are pretty good and there's never a wait to get your vegan noms :-).

Pros: Great scones/cookies, Cute storefront

Cons: Small selection of sweeter things, Expensive

Return to Culver City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rising Hearts Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.