RiR Organic Plus Greens

Contact 052-252-5989

Sake 5-19-27, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Japan, 460008

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic food place that also offers vegan, vegetarian, and macrobiotic food with no added MSG. Has Wi-Fi. Mon-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Macrobiotic, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by tblois

Disappointing .... - Edit

I heard nothing but a good review for this restaurant, but my experience was far from their experiences.

What I like is close to the center (you can walk from Sakae station, but difficult to find), and the restaurant ambiance is not not bad.

However, the food was .... I'd rather not say this word but both of my plate and my friend's dishes were quite disappointing, and felt no love in the food...
The owner (the only one working on that day) perhaps was a bad day for her but was cold and rude.

I would not chose going back there again.

Pros: Close to Sakae station

Cons: Bad food, bad service

Disappointing restaurant - Edit

This restaurant is definitely NOT all vegetarian. For someone not confident with Japanese kanji, you will have the choice of ordering the "lunch set" or "lunch deli". As far as I could tell, the set is the same but includes a drink and a dessert. The menu is incredibly hard to make out, and limited. The veggie deli options change regularly, but you don't get to choose what items come on your plate.

When I ordered the "lunch deli" I had a well presented and delicious plate of mystery salad (which I think is fun!) including stewed ginger and mushroom potato salad. The main was disappointing - just some brown rice in a plain tomato curry sauce. Something not very unique or special.

The staff were not welcoming, the largely ignored myself and my partner, despite us smiling and making our best efforts. I really wanted to like this place, but I won't be returning again.

Pros: Has one vegetarian option, Desserts are vegan friendly

Cons: Very limited menu, No English, Rude and dismissive staff

Yesterday - Edit

We went for lunch yesterday with my wife and I, plus a friend the 3 of us vegan and with our interpreter non vegan. It was absolutely delicious As far as I know it is now totally vegan I even had no onions no garlic menus . Very cheap as well . It was so good we order " bento" (take away ) for today's trip in train . We do recumbent it

Pros: very good food, excellent value, friendly staff

Nice Place, good food - Edit

I went with my wife and we both liked it very much . It has a nice, relaxed atmosphere and decor, good food. However, it was a little difficult to distinguish which dishes were vegan and which were not; I am always nervous about accidentally ordering something that isnt vegan and as I recall it wasnt clearly definitively stated.

Nice Vegatarian Restaurant - Edit

They have a few different meals you can buy at lunch, including Japanese style curry, Natto salad rice bowl, and other types of Rice bowls. Only one of the lunch sets was not vegetarian.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 01, 2013

Pros: Near downtown, Several lunch sets to choose from

Cons: Staff don't speak much English

Return to Nagoya Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has RiR Organic Plus Greens closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1591 times since Feb 2013.