Río Grande

+34-954-273956

Calle Betis, 69, Sevilla, Spain, 41010

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a vegan and vegetarian menu, labelled for gluten and soya too. Vegan dishes include tomato, onion & fresh basil salad, spinach, caramelised onion & sour apple salad, gazpacho, vegetable paella, rice with mushrooms and vegetables, fried vegetable nori tempura and more. Plaza de Cuba Metro less than 200 meters. Open Mon-Sun 1:00pm-4:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Catering, Spanish, Andalucian, Non-veg

First Review by Pinelele

Not my cup of tea - Edit

I was with friends in Triana yesterday and there aren't many options to eat when you are vegan there. I ended up in Rio Grande, thanks to HappyCow. I even found 2 fellow vegan HappyCow users there inquiring whether the bread was vegan... :--) (and yes, the bread is indeed vegan).

I had to ask for the separate vegetarian menu because I was only given the "standard" one when I sat down. Then... what can I say? I took a photo of the menu, so you can have a look at it yourself. It's not bad per se, but I don't particularly enjoy eating in a place where people clearly go in order to eat fish.

As for the location, it's gorgeous, and the food itself was OK (I had the gazpacho and the vegetables). Prices are higher than average in Sevilla.

Pros: Separate menu for vegetarians and vegans

Cons: Touristic in a bad way, Fish-specialised restaurant

Put on your number ones and go! - Edit

Great views, decor, upscale dining, excellent service, separate vegan menu....great place for a romantic dinner or large celebration....if you feel like getting dressed up, and you need somewhere classy to go.....Rio Grande is for you:)

Pros: Vegan Menu

Cons: They serve animal products

Return to Sevilla Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Río Grande closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.